The General Ross County Chat Thread

Read what I wrote again, then get back to me. The size of a club is meaningless if the difference is between finishing fourth or sixth in the league.

He's going to England.

Or second (Aberdeen) consistently over last few years is just a minimal step up aye.

Or second (Aberdeen) consistently over last few years is just a minimal step up aye.

Yup, it is. A step up, definitely, but not the substantial one a guy like Boyce will be making at this point in his career.

Yup, it is. A step up, definitely, but not the substantial one a guy like Boyce will be making at this point in his career.

Aye fair play to him he is some boy and if it weren't for the fact we're off to the seaside for a while I'd be glad to see the back of him.
Hopefully not some shite like Burton Albion tho.

Aye fair play to him he is some boy and if it weren't for the fact we're off to the seaside for a while I'd be glad to see the back of him.
Hopefully not some shite like Burton Albion tho.

I think top end Championship is more likely. I'd be disappointed if he went to Burton Albion, but we've already seen that they can outbid almost any Scottish team.

31 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The Jackson Irvine deal was cash on the barrelhead, which is pretty unusual (and makes a mockery of all the poor wee Burton stories). I don't think Hearts or Aberdeen could do that.

I think that's a peculiarity of the minimum fee release clause.  Didn't ICT have this occur with Tansey and Aberdeen a year or two ago?  Aberdeen argued they'd met the release clause but ICT claimed they hadn't because they weren't offering it up front, I think.

So that would be the upside of losing Boyce for £500k - we'd potentially have that in the bank straight away.  Alternatively, negotiate a higher fee, but paid in instalments.

Edited by Forfinn

I think that's a peculiarity of the minimum fee release clause.  Didn't ICT have this occur with Tansey and Aberdeen a year or two ago?  Aberdeen argued they'd met the release clause but ICT claimed they hadn't because they weren't offering it up front, I think.
So that would be the upside of losing Boyce for £500k - we'd potentially have that in the bank straight away.  Alternatively, negotiate a higher fee, but paid in instalments.

Absolutely right. And of course look how that turned out for ICT. A season from a player who clearly didn't have his heart in it (though he was far from alone). Which is why I said I don't think he'll go to Aberdeen. I'm going to guess he signs for one of the teams that misses out on the playoffs down south. Derby or Brentford, perhaps.

1 hour ago, foransbeard said:

You are fukkin deluded m8.
Sideways step to Hearts from County;
Minimal step up to Aberdeen they are both far bigger clubs than either your or my club.

Can you please start typing 'fucking'. Please.

Well yes, I don't doubt any of that. What I do doubt is that he makes an essentially sideways move to Hearts, or a minimal step up to Aberdeen.

The Jackson Irvine deal was cash on the barrelhead, which is pretty unusual (and makes a mockery of all the poor wee Burton stories). I don't think Hearts or Aberdeen could do that.

To be honest, he's 26 years old so this his money making contract. If it's a 3 or 4 year deal somewhere, take the money anywhere in England and if it doesn't work out, mon back on loan pal.
Great use of the phrase,"cash on the barrel head". Need to listen to some Gram Parsons now

So, in a week when the club over-ruled the fans' vote and revealed a shirt which most people voted against (although it turned out okay, as it happens), did the club announce the player of the year last night, as they said they would? Or are they just waiting to see who the fans selected so they can give the award to whichever player came last?

For anyone that's seen the strip, I think we can agree that the tartan style was the correct decision. The strip is badly let down by the stag on the rear, it looks horrendous. I had considered buying it this year, but having seen the stag on the arse have now though better of it.

39 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

So, in a week when the club over-ruled the fans' vote and revealed a shirt which most people voted against (although it turned out okay, as it happens), did the club announce the player of the year last night, as they said they would? Or are they just waiting to see who the fans selected so they can give the award to whichever player came last?

It's also the week we announced a £100 cut in season ticket prices. I am really not concerned about a twitter vote for the new shirt and am genuinely astounded that so many other people are. 

It's also the week we announced a £100 cut in season ticket prices. I am really not concerned about a twitter vote for the new shirt and am genuinely astounded that so many other people are. 

Fair point.