The General Ross County Chat Thread

Routis has this bizarre switch where he's playing perfectly fine, then something goes against him and he's an absolute waste of space for the rest of the game. He just seemed to go to pieces towards the end of the Hamilton game, couldn't even pass properly. A concentration/focus issue?

The Courier is suggesting we are after McIntyre. I wouldn't want a DAB at Dens, particularly one that is likely to bring that rodent Dodds with him.

Thankfully, this is one time I'm grateful for Uncle Roy as I highly doubt you would allow us to speak to him, nevermind him actually considering it himself but I felt I should share the 'rumour' with you lads.

c8ba14ef03e710952e4b69a4b6ddfc01.jpg

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Kets has been a youth coach for one season! What coaching badges has he got? 

Kettlewell may well succeed Jim but not for a season or two yet, i hope anyway.

Two and a half seasons.  I don't know about badges.  Fergie has the Uefa Pro one and Brittain has either B or is working to it, so I guess that Kettlewell is somewhere in between.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

I really want McIntyre and Dodds to stay, can't understand those who don't tbh.

I'd be surprised if he were to want to leave us for dundee but if that were the case we'll be okay.

I can understand those who might. We scraped through this season and up until we beat Caley I was never confident that we would avoid at least the play off place. I didn't see progress this year and while he can point to injuries and suspensions so could most teams. I'm not the only one surprised by his reliance on some players and most of his substitutions whether by timing or the change to formation.

Having said that, I'm not calling for his head, but neither am I convinced that we shouldn't be on the lookout for someone better. If we struggle again in the first half of next season I will be calling for him to go.

Going to Dundee would be a strange move for him. If it's true he's only on a rolling contract up here, a longer offer may be something that would tempt him away though.

Only on a rolling contract? That's the best possible guaranteed contract he could have. If a manager wants stability, rolling contracts are the way forward.

Dundee is a bigger club, presumably bigger budget, bigger fan base, better chance of long term top flight status, but more likely to get the old heave-ho at short notice. If he leaves, it won't be because of the stability.

I'd be surprised if he were to want to leave us for dundee but if that were the case we'll be okay.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. McIntyre has seen his team manifestly fail to meet expectations, but he is single handedly responsible for raising those expectations. Winning the cup is far, far beyond anything any County supporter ever expected to achieve.

Were he to leave, I should have thought I'd be gutted, but I'd probably be spectacularly nonplussed.

Only on a rolling contract? That's the best possible guaranteed contract he could have. If a manager wants stability, rolling contracts are the way forward.

Dundee is a bigger club, presumably bigger budget, bigger fan base, better chance of long term top flight status, but more likely to get the old heave-ho at short notice. If he leaves, it won't be because of the stability.

This isn't how you're supposed to act. Read the St Mirren thread and try again.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Two and a half seasons.  I don't know about badges.  Fergie has the Uefa Pro one and Brittain has either B or is working to it, so I guess that Kettlewell is somewhere in between.

I'd love to see us promoting from within but i'd rather Ketts had a season or two more without being thrust into the spotlight.  We've just seen what happened to Foran with the tinks over the bridge.

Kettlewell has had a great season with the Development team, I'd rather we built on that success had a few of them break into the first team squad to show a clear progression path and Ketts continue to bring others on with a view to Ketts moving up in a couple years.

I'm in no hurry to get rid of McIntyre, I see how eight or nine of the teams in our league play and I'd rather be a season ticket holder at Viccy Park then any of these grounds.  I like how he tries to get us to play, yeah it doesn't come off all the time but we're working at developing players and mistakes will happen.  I see us as a good attacking team who are comfortably better than others.  Top six is our aim but seventh is certainly an acceptable league placing.

6 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Someone do an overall PWDL of our league form under McIntyre and then you might understand. I doubt Dundee will make an approach, but if they do and if Roy has any doubts about Jim being our man for next season (and he must have) then it might be the perfect "mutually agreed" scenario which our club uses regularly.

Edited by StuartTaylor

Think I'm in the fan majority by wanting Jim to stay although maybe not in the social media active majority. Points wise, we're only a couple down on last year with a Rangers in the league and although that isn't progress it's not a significant deterioration. I'm happy with the backbone for next season and I'm looking forward to fighting for the realistic 5th and 6th spot within a very competitive league. Ketts's agent needs to try and get him a 1st/2nd div team to prove himself as I don't want him doing a Foran on my team

2 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

Someone do an overall PWDL of our league form under McIntyre and then you might understand.

That's not required Stuart, I'm a season ticket holder and attend games regularly. I'm well aware of how our season has been but I like to think there's a little more too it than just results.

McIntyre's time with us will come and go, and I'd like to believe we'll be a stronger and better established club by the time he does go.