The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Using the League Cup as a preseason is a bold strategy.

Isn't that what everyone does? It starts so early that there's hardly anytime between the start of preseason training & the first competitive game.

I can remember when he signed, the general consensus was that him moving to Dingwall was to try and move on from his past. Certainly a decent player in that Division 2 side. 

A horrible situation all round.

2 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

I can remember when he signed, the general consensus was that him moving to Dingwall was to try and move on from his past. Certainly a decent player in that Division 2 side. 

A horrible situation all round.

There’s the obvious elephant in the room that he was sacked by Ross County for an extremely unsavoury incident, but he was a reclamation project and had talent.  35 is no age, but his demons are not an excuse for his behaviour.  

For those who've seen Akio's highlights, here's a lowlight. Had a massive lapse of concentration today and booted the ball off the opponent's goal line as it was going in.

Still a good player, but if he signs with you guys you'll see this clip soon enough.

Edited by shermanator

13 hours ago, shermanator said:

For those who've seen Akio's highlights, here's a lowlight. Had a massive lapse of concentration today and booted the ball off the opponent's goal line as it was going in.

Still a good player, but if he signs with you guys you'll see this clip soon enough.

Wow, that's pretty bizarre but the worst thing about that clip is the shocking voice on commentary, I'd never watch football on TV if I was forced to listen to that!

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Saddened to see that over the bridge is being shut down , if there is any upside to it hopefully it means this thread will be busier

I doubt it, some prehistoric views on there which would quickly be shutdown on here.

Not sure if my memory is playing tricks, but when it was first launched, was there two? One being OTB and the other The Jailender?

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Saddened to see that over the bridge is being shut down , if there is any upside to it hopefully it means this thread will be busier

OTB is a half way house between fans on here and on Facebook.   That’s not a good thing.  

19 hours ago, shermanator said:

Christ almighty. Must’ve had a bet on of some sort, can be the only explanation 

As a neutral on all things County it seemed like County sign a whole new squad each summer then another half squad in the Jan, especially if involved near the bottom in that Jan window.

The Jan mad signing spree's seem to have stopped now though?

Are you feeling  confident about the signings you've made this summer? Its ALWAYS difficult for clubs in Scotland outside Edinburgh & Glasgow to replace those key players, especially with the amount of goals from the wider areas you've lost this summer!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

7 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Most of the decent OTV posters are either on here or have left. A lot of the current OTB would last about a week (if lucky) here.

It's also buggy as hell and I've had about 8 accounts over the years from the site refusing to let me sign in.

Edited by Comrie

15 hours ago, Comrie said:

Most of the decent OTV posters are either on here or have left. A lot of the current OTB would last about a week (if lucky) here.

It's also buggy as hell and I've had about 8 accounts over the years from the site refusing to let me sign in.

Aye, I was at a point where I'd only log in when something big happened and I could gawp at the weirdos being weird. 

Still a wee bit sad it's gone but such is the way of the Internet, only weirdos still use forums

It's been almost 20 years I've been on OTB, and it is sad that it is coming to an end. I've barely posted in years, but when I was growing up it was effectively the only way a teenager living in the central belt would keep up to date with all things County. It has lost almost all of its buzz in recent times, and theres no doubt it has been squeezed out almost completely. Nonetheless, for me anyway, and it's probably the nostalgia speaking, but it's a shame.