The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Laidlaw has seen off competition pretty much every season to be a serviceable top flight keeper.  I can’t honestly say I saw that coming.  

Wouldn’t say he’s seen off much competition really, his performances have been good enough that we haven’t had to sign someone to properly challenge him/take the jersey.

Decent move for Robesten , wouldve liked a move to Elgin or the likes for Macleod as he did well in the highland league last year.

8 hours ago, sophia said:

What's all this about MM saying that there is more seats in the MacGregor stadium than in the village of Dingwall?

Just a slightly interesting fact for anyone that’s interested. The stadium has 6541 seats, the population in 2021 according to the Scottish Government was 5231. 

11 hours ago, sophia said:

What's all this about MM saying that there is more seats in the MacGregor stadium than in the village of Dingwall?

Defeatist talk right from the start. Playing the psychology game to absolve any blame. Even refers to Dingwall as being a village. It’s a town. Let’s get some more positive spin like winning the league cup with a ‘village team’!

1 hour ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Defeatist talk right from the start. Playing the psychology game to absolve any blame. Even refers to Dingwall as being a village. It’s a town. Let’s get some more positive spin like winning the league cup with a ‘village team’!

While it's certainly true Victoria Park has a capacity larger than the population of Dingwall, Ross County's catchment area goes far beyond the town. There's a clue in the name (and even more than that - it's the "local" league team for most of the northern Highlands). You'd think Mackay would know that by now. He does, of course, he's just playing mind games, like you say.

On a slight tangent, I've always found it a bit annoying when commentators and journalists talk about away fans "making the long journey down from Dingwall". I'd bet if you did a survey of the away end, Dingwall residents would be in the minority. A good chunk of our away support will be central-belt based so might actually have shorter journeys than some of the home fans, and others will be from the wider Highlands.

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Is it the under 18s playing Clach on Friday night? 

Anyone know KO time & entry fee?

7pm. No sign of the cost yet.

14 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that it’s free of charge and rumoured to be a Ross county u18 side

A few games so far this preseason have been free entry with people holding buckets for donations.  The Caley v Elgin and v Nairn had it.  Think Clach sometimes do it for donations to their youth development (a program I actually used to fundraise for when I was a coach there).

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A few games so far this preseason have been free entry with people holding buckets for donations.  The Caley v Elgin and v Nairn had it.  Think Clach sometimes do it for donations to their youth development (a program I actually used to fundraise for when I was a coach there).

Intersting going off what your saying that Nairn charged county for tickets but not caley!

personally have no qualms giving highland league clubs £5/£10 as these friendlies are often better attended than the league games  

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Intersting going off what your saying that Nairn charged county for tickets but not caley!

personally have no qualms giving highland league clubs £5/£10 as these friendlies are often better attended than the league games  

I was saying that at the Nairn game the other night, that game and the one against County last week will be Nairn's two biggest gates of the season.

Edited by TheScarf

30 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Have to think County would have been in for Stuart Findlay, albeit not able to come close to Kilmarnock’s offer, for multiple reasons.   

Good signing for them albeit would rather we got permanent signings than loans, they’ll have to replace him this time next year more than likely

22 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Good signing for them albeit would rather we got permanent signings than loans, they’ll have to replace him this time next year more than likely

Yeah.  It’s a very decent signing. Unless he’s turned shite. Which sometimes happens.