The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Very happy to see Harmon stay, he’s definitely our best option there and is pretty dependable

Turning up at inside right against Rangers was tremendous.  I believe he was identified by our iPad scout - a good bit of work by him.  

What I like about Harmon is he kept going despite dropping down to non league football. He seemed genuinely happy to sign for us and to get back into full time football and I remember this video on you tube of his signing.

21 minutes ago, silver said:

What I like about Harmon is he kept going despite dropping down to non league football. He seemed genuinely happy to sign for us and to get back into full time football and I remember this video on you tube of his signing.

That was almost interesting.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s Efete signed up for another two years.  Doubt he’ll see the that through TBH. 

Decent enough squad player. Defensively better than Brown IMO, with Brown better attacking…

To have Brown , Efete and Randall (albeit only in emergency’s now) as our right back options is something I’m happy enough with, as said above Brown is better attacking and Efete the better defender, if we play 5 at the back id play brown, if it’s a back 4 then it’s a toss of a coin

19 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Disagree. Brown is a better 1v1 defender.

Brown is the better footballer, no question. Efete is a physically taller, stronger figure to hold off attackers at the back post but Brown is far superior on the ball.

I'm unsure why Cowie would hand Efete a two year deal, I can only assume that he's affordable/cheap and that Cowie believes he can develop him into a better baller.

On a separate note, is there a role for Billy McKay back at Vicky park?

Ict have burnt bridges with so many of their players, I understand he's keen to get out, plus ICT are desperate to lower their wage bill.

At his age, he's unlikely to be an option as a player in the Premiership but as a hard working professional & a friend of Cowie's he might be back with us in some capacity.

28 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

On a separate note, is there a role for Billy McKay back at Vicky park?

Ict have burnt bridges with so many of their players, I understand he's keen to get out, plus ICT are desperate to lower their wage bill.

At his age, he's unlikely to be an option as a player in the Premiership but as a hard working professional & a friend of Cowie's he might be back with us in some capacity.

I kind assumed he’d be player manager there this season. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I kind assumed he’d be player manager there this season. 

He had several other Championship clubs looking to sign him, when ict got him it was a bit of a coup, that's why he was able to successfully demand that extra year onto his contract. Could easily be that ict can't afford that outlay now, overheads NEED to be cut!

25 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Has Callachan left? reported to be talking to Motherwell.

Not in talks, he’s just been announced as signing there. 😂

Not sure what he did to merit being offered a new deal in the first place tbh. If he wasn’t scoring, which he failed to replicate from his previous season at Hamilton and was brought in to do, then he was doing nothing else.

He's Motherwell's problem now. Also means we can get a role player in to replace him.

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

He's Motherwell's problem now. Also means we can get a role player in to replace him.

County seem to always on the look out for a central midfielder.  It reminds me of the left back decades.