The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

You are not a real fan unless you are ogling pretty women in the stadium and posting about how horny it made you.

Manager, surely?

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

For all the talk about certificates - I for one only completed 50% of the tasks - this is the key point.  That current squad has zero creativity.  It doesn’t have to be a Dhanda 10 - an attacking CM if any note.   

Unpopular opinion… Dhanda was overrated.
Any kind of progressive player is an upgrade on what we currently have. If we start the season as is, we’re goosed… 

4 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

MacKay - usual setup with a back 3, 2 wingbacks with the aim to create overlaps.  Centre mid of 3 with a late runner into the box (the lovely Yan) and Murray and White feeding of scraps.

County line up in pre-season friendly at Brora & Clach plus the League cup last Sat - 3 centre backs with wing backs attempting to create overlaps but with no real width, a centre mid of 3 with one of them to bomb late into the box (Randall this year it seems) with 2 forwards feeding of whatever may come their way.

Edit: I'll grant you, there may be some subtle difference that I don't get to see (I don't see every game during the season's as I'm usually shooting the North Caley games instead) but the general feel I get so far is there's not much difference in how the teams structure looks.

Sorry, totally disagree again. Mackay played one up front for large portions of his tenure. Cowie always played at least two.

I know it’s like comparing shite to shit but the football was seriously easier on the eye under Cowie than Malky.

12 hours ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Ouch. That's out of order. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them less of a fan. 

I'm just comparing to the likes of Aberdeen fans, Dundee United, even Dundee who even when bottom still made a lot of support & noise.

County used to have a very vocal support back in the old days, but now so many miserable people before the season has properly kicked off (not including league cup group stage in this).

Cheer up, get laid or something. Unless you have a personal grievance with Don Cowie? Did he bully you at school or something?

17 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Can't turn on him if you never thought it was a good idea in the first place.....

So, Cowie is crap according to you. Which County manager did you actually support? If any? 😆 🤣 😂 

John Bucanan 1985-1987

Robbie Wilson 1987-1996

Neale Cooper  1996-2002
Alex Smith 2002-2005
John Robertson 2005 (4 months only)
Gardiner Spiers (Caretaker) 2005-2006 (Slightly over 7 months)
Scott Leitch 2006-2007
Dick Campell 2007
Derek Adams 2007-2010
Craig Brewster (Caretaker less than 1 month)
Willie McStay 2010-2011 (less than 3 months)
George Adams 2011 (Caretaker 1 week)
Jimmy Calderwood 2011 (3 months)
Derek Adams 2011 - 2014
Steven Ferguson 2014 (Caretaker 1 month)
Jim McIntyre 2014-2017
Owen Coyle 2017-2018 (6 months)
Stuart Kettlewell & Steven Ferguson 2018-2020
Stuart Kettlewell 2020 solo (6 months)
John Hughes 2020-2021 (5 months)
Malky Mackay 2021-2023
Derek Adams 2023-2024 (2 and half months)
Don Cowie Feb 2024 - Present

15 hours ago, Sonam said:

Sometimes I wonder if so called 'fans' like you just wait there with baited breath and  take that position just to say 'I told you so' when it doesn't work out. Good boost for your ego in a strange way.

Shame you can't take the same negativity and shout it to the opposition and criticise their players & often worse managers.

Despite who the manager is, Ross County are really a Championship club. Hope that they make some signings that saves County from relegation spot or play off spot.

Doubt we will get a Jackson Irvine, Simon Murray type player, Charles-Cook, Joseph Hungbo, Liam Boyce or Karim Boukraa etc.

3rd bottom suits me, as long as we also get some entertainment along the way.

Deary me, one wonders how I will sleep at night with 5 Reds 😆 🤣 😂 

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

Cheer up, get laid or something. Unless you have a personal grievance with Don Cowie? Did he bully you at school or something?

You on the meths or are you just a bellend…? 

18 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Easy to insult someone from a distance 'big guy'. Try doing it to someone's face!!!

No Meth here really, especially in the Highlands. Same goes for Ice (if you even know what that is, 😆).

20 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

All over being critical of Don Cowie before a league match this season has been played.

Why don't you fuxk off to support some other team, just a drain on the support!

10 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Unpopular opinion… Dhanda was overrated.
Any kind of progressive player is an upgrade on what we currently have. If we start the season as is, we’re goosed… 

I get where you’re coming from regarding Dhanda, his delivery and technical ability was top notch, but he could fade in and out of games and wouldn’t exactly get physical with opponents, if we can replace him with someone who has more of a presence in there that would be great think callachan but with more quality 

I’m guessing following the points made in a thread isn’t your strongest point?

My points were about a lacklustre performance on Sat and a squad that needs strengthened. Jury out for me on Cowie as it would be for any manager in this position at this point of the year. It’s the results in the season that matter. But somehow this has turned into a lot of slaver where you take aim at anyone who disagrees with you for not being a ‘true fan’.

Deluded, and yer patter’s shite. 

25 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I get where you’re coming from regarding Dhanda, his delivery and technical ability was top notch, but he could fade in and out of games and wouldn’t exactly get physical with opponents, if we can replace him with someone who has more of a presence in there that would be great think callachan but with more quality 

He didn’t take a grip of games nearly often enough, but that’s because under Mackay the ball was flying twenty yards over his head.  Half of the publicity shots the club used of him was him trying to win headers.  

That said, when he did seize games, we usually won them. 

Anybody other than the two Arse Cheeks would bite your hand off to have Dhanda in their Team. Always happy to see him subbed off for some player that usually was less of a threat. I wanted Saints to go for him, much like many other teams supporters, cracking player.

The Arse Cheeks would probably not play him anyway…..

Dhanda's only real weakness is lack of pace. If you can get hustling opposition midfielders around him he can fall out of games. And while he will get stuck in he's too slight to be truly effective.

10 hours ago, Sonam said:

I'm just comparing to the likes of Aberdeen fans, Dundee United, even Dundee who even when bottom still made a lot of support & noise.

County used to have a very vocal support back in the old days, but now so many miserable people before the season has properly kicked off (not including league cup group stage in this).

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. There's always been old miserable duffers who only seemed to go to the football to abuse the players. At least in the 30 years since I first went along. The abuse David Winters got was constant, and for no real reason.

This isn't even abuse, it's just folk being realistic. Or maybe even a tiny bit pessimistic, but I don't see what's wrong with that. And frankly there's a difference from pretty reasonable discussion on here and going to the ground and being relentlessly negative. I'd not do that.

9 hours ago, Sonam said:

So, Cowie is crap according to you. Which County manager did you actually support? If any? 😆 🤣 😂 

John Bucanan 1985-1987

Robbie Wilson 1987-1996

Neale Cooper  1996-2002
Alex Smith 2002-2005
John Robertson 2005 (4 months only)
Gardiner Spiers (Caretaker) 2005-2006 (Slightly over 7 months)
Scott Leitch 2006-2007
Dick Campell 2007
Derek Adams 2007-2010
Craig Brewster (Caretaker less than 1 month)
Willie McStay 2010-2011 (less than 3 months)
George Adams 2011 (Caretaker 1 week)
Jimmy Calderwood 2011 (3 months)
Derek Adams 2011 - 2014
Steven Ferguson 2014 (Caretaker 1 month)
Jim McIntyre 2014-2017
Owen Coyle 2017-2018 (6 months)
Stuart Kettlewell & Steven Ferguson 2018-2020
Stuart Kettlewell 2020 solo (6 months)
John Hughes 2020-2021 (5 months)
Malky Mackay 2021-2023
Derek Adams 2023-2024 (2 and half months)
Don Cowie Feb 2024 - Present

Did.......did you just post a wall of white text on a white background?  

8 hours ago, Sonam said:

Deary me, one wonders how I will sleep at night with 5 Reds 😆 🤣 😂 

Not that well judging by the state of your posts.....

4 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Did.......did you just post a wall of white text on a white background?  

Thank f**k someone else noticed that, I thought I was having an acid flashback.

Edited by Pete the Jakey