The General Ross County Chat Thread

Aye mun, right enough. Was confusing my Caley reserve keepers... easy done!

Not exactly enthusiastic about this one either, not saying its a bad signing, just not filled with optimism. Apathy is probably a better description, meh. At least its a vaguely decent keeper with a vaguely decent pedigree. Hopefuly a run of games will see him reach close to Mick McG standards.

Oh my dearest dd, vex ye not.

Young Mike is held in the highest regard.

I'd go as far as to put him in my top ten all time ICT keepers.

I'd slot him in behind Leslie Fridge and Nicky Walker.

I wish him nothing but good fortune in the future.

Decent enough signing IMO. He won't be as good as McGovern, but that's just how it goes sometimes. Hopefully we can get Cervi in on-loan as well.

Whats the deal with Malin then is he on his way out aswell?

Is there any news on any more possible signings, everything seems to have gone a bit quiet. Adams stated he wanted to sign the people he was interested in before the pre season and that's only 9 days away better get a move on.

Winger Steve Jones has been released from motherwell. We need wingers, instead of playing centre midfielders on the sides

99.9% of wide midfielders want to play in central midfield. Get used to it.

Is there any news on any more possible signings, everything seems to have gone a bit quiet. Adams stated he wanted to sign the people he was interested in before the pre season and that's only 9 days away better get a move on.

Why should he "better get a move on"? Have you considered the fact that half the division is away on holiday, and that Adams only appointed his backroom team yesterday?

Why should he "better get a move on"? Have you considered the fact that half the division is away on holiday, and that Adams only appointed his backroom team yesterday?

.... and he has his room to tidy before he's allowed out

99.9% of wide midfielders want to play in central midfield. Get used to it.

K.

Few decent signings for us there, Duncan should do very well in the first division, comes very highly rated. This Byrne guy could be quite decent hell he cant be any worse than Wood.

Will be pleased if Swankie signs a right tricky customer apparently who can obviously score goals too

I'm feeling quite good about the signings we have made so far. I would say in general the squad has been improved - albeit the goalkeeper position maybe not as good (at the moment)

Defence is a lot stronger with Munro in there, although I still think right back is the weak link in our defence, and with Marr's loan deal over we only have Miller there now.

Midfield, Duncan is a good signing and will bolster that, Some of the players we've lost were fringe players from midfield, so the weaker players gone, and a stronger player in makes us better I feel.

Up Front, the loss of Barrowman is a blow as I felt him and McMenamin would have worked well togther, but McMenamin is a proven scorer at this level, and if reports of Byrne are true we could have a good striker on our hands if the team can continue to create the chances we did last season.

After the disaster of last season, I am feeling a bit more positive about the season ahead

I'm feeling quite good about the signings we have made so far. I would say in general the squad has been improved - albeit the goalkeeper position maybe not as good (at the moment)

Defence is a lot stronger with Munro in there, although I still think right back is the weak link in our defence, and with Marr's loan deal over we only have Miller there now.

Midfield, Duncan is a good signing and will bolster that, Some of the players we've lost were fringe players from midfield, so the weaker players gone, and a stronger player in makes us better I feel.

Up Front, the loss of Barrowman is a blow as I felt him and McMenamin would have worked well togther, but McMenamin is a proven scorer at this level, and if reports of Byrne are true we could have a good striker on our hands if the team can continue to create the chances we did last season.

After the disaster of last season, I am feeling a bit more positive about the season ahead

Duncan is a good signing for County. I've always rated him, he does a lot of the unseen work - tracking back and putting pressure on the opposition isn't something that wins plaudits. He is often criticised for his distribution and can misplace a pass or two but generally he's a solid performer. Like Munro, he's won the First Division twice so has all the experience you'd want.

He did attract a lot of criticism from our fans - it's only the last couple of seasons that he really started to be appreciated by our fans I think.

He also deliberately got the Hearts keeper to get him sent off a few seasons ago in an absolutely hilarious display of wind-uppery. One of my favourite moments of his :lol: