The General Ross County Chat Thread

I have nothing but respect for #4 shirt wearers, especially after it was passed to Sir Stuart of Kettlewell, King of Kings and first person registered for multiple cloning.

Anyway, thinking back, the only other time before top flight football that I can remember us having a CB playing as #6 was I think Keddie and Lauchlan.

Keddie was #6, as evidenced by my earlier reworking of 'Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven'

And if Boyd is 5

And if Boyd is 5

And if Boyd is 5

Then the Keddie is 6

Then the Keddie is 6

Then the Keddie is 6

GAR-DYNE IS SEVEN!

GAR-DYNE IS SEVEN!

GAR-DYNE IS SEVEN!

The County's going to heaven!

See.

Edited by dingdong1929

Pixies are better than Mansun, I suppose, but a bit overrated.

SJB's Boyd comment says a lot for Boyd. It'll be interesting to see if he keeps it.

I don't agree with the thought that Fraser just nabbed the #2 jersey, I think will have been handed out a little more deliberately. Not that we know he's got 2, do we?

I tended to follow the British W-M tradition, of 4 staying in central midfield and 5&6 falling back to become centre-backs. I liked Ketts and Rocco getting 4.

In CM my fantasy was to succeed with a ball-carrying libero/sweeper. Matthias Sammer was the archetype and he wore 6 IRL, but I would give his role 4. But Lawson at 6 in 2011/12 won me over :wub:

Although the difference this time is we can put out a starting 11 which consists of 8 players who were starting almost every game near the end of last season. We're not going to be throwing 5, 6 or 7 straight into the starting 11 and hoping it works. We can afford a much more sensible transition. I'm not worried about that aspect at all this time.

Bold prediction time: 1. I think we'll be clear of any relegation battle and 2. We'll win more than or as many Highland Derbies as we lose this season.

There. I've said it.

I've got a charity bet with a caley fan on here that we won't finish worse than 15 points behind them. Free money IMO.

I've got a charity bet with a caley fan on here that we won't finish worse than 15 points behind them. Free money IMO.

Clarification: what happens if we're opposite sides of the split (Caley 6th and County 7th for example) and then we end up with more points, or within the 15 points mark just because of that?

Who's going to score your goals?

Jordan Roberts and JJ Hooper...maybe. We've still got a fair amount of creativity in the team so whoever's playing up front shouldn't be too isolated and should get plenty of chances. As long as they're not complete dross they'll hopefully take some of them.

On Fraser v Foster:

Marcus Fraser plays in that defensive position as well and he done exceptionally well, so there’s no guarantees for any of the new signings. You have to earn your place. Everybody is on page one. Who impresses most will start the season.

http://www.north-star-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Ross-County/New-arrivals-added-to-shore-up-Ross-County-back-line-01072015.htm

Clarification: what happens if we're opposite sides of the split (Caley 6th and County 7th for example) and then we end up with more points, or within the 15 points mark just because of that?

Come on, Spain. How hard would it have been to put them the other way round? You've already predicted comfortable safety and decent derby results, go the whole hog, man!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this season. I suppose I always do, but surely this time we're in for a slightly better one. If anything though, however enthusaistic / optimisitc I am, the last few years have taught me to be cautiously so! I'm also learning that "the makings of a good team" is a horrible thing, and all you really need is one weak link for everything to fall apart.

The boldest prediction I'm making is we'll finisz top 8, but a lot more comfortably than last year's 'top 9'.

^^ Oh look, Polish computer also changes "finish" to "finisz". From now on I'm going to let my computer do what it wants. Look out for all those tchems!

Come on, Spain. How hard would it have been to put them the other way round? You've already predicted comfortable safety and decent derby results, go the whole hog, man!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this season. I suppose I always do, but surely this time we're in for a slightly better one. If anything though, however enthusaistic / optimisitc I am, the last few years have taught me to be cautiously so! I'm also learning that "the makings of a good team" is a horrible thing, and all you really need is one weak link for everything to fall apart.

The boldest prediction I'm making is we'll finisz top 8, but a lot more comfortably than last year's 'top 9'.

^^ Oh look, Polish computer also changes "finish" to "finisz". From now on I'm going to let my computer do what it wants. Look out for all those tchems!

If it was the other way round, then it would be a clear victory for CountyFan and wouldn't need clarification.

Anyway, I've heard a bit more about Chris Robertson now. He's getting excellent reviews aswell, with the only downside being he's somewhat lacking in pace. Not sure how pacy Davies is, but we're strongly advised to play him alongside a CB with some pace to cover. That's if he starts of course (I assume Davies will be seeing as he's captain).

What if Fraser Forster fostered Fraser and Foster?

Or, in these enlightened times, Fraser Forster married Marcus Fraser then divorced him and married Rickie Foster? He'd be Fraser Forster-Fraser-Foster. I'd say this needs to happen.

Edited by Savage Henry

What if Fraser Forster fostered Fraser and Foster?

Or, in these enlightened times, Fraser Forster married Marcus Fraser then divorced him and married Rickie Foster? He'd be Fraser Forster-Fraser-Foster. I'd say this needs to happen.

If Fraser Forster fostered freakin' Fraser 'n Foster, find the freakin' Fraser 'n Foster Fraser Forster fostered.