The General Ross County Chat Thread

25 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ricki Lamie captain today.

Screenshot_2024-07-27-14-04-58-052_com.twitter.android.jpg

Has Lamie gotten Cowie under his spell or something? Sinister.

Lamie subbed off after an awkward stretch for the ball. Leak takes the armbands & goes central in the back three. Josh Reid goes LCB.

Very comfortable today, guilty of trying to walk it into the net. 

Hales 1st a bullet from 25 yards, 2nd a neat wee run & tap in after a good through ball from Loturi.

Brophy with a disallowed goal.

New midfielder Grieves looks good, so too MacLeod.

Looking the look of Hale. 

To be fair, Lamie's forward passing/switch of play was decent the other night against Hamilton.

Love Harmon and his effort. We don't look brilliant, but we also don't look poor. 

7/8th would do me this season. 

37 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Interesting that Telfer didn't get on at all today. Given his performances so far it  suggests he is going to have his work cut out to get start in the coming weeks. 

Loturi was the deeper CM today, with MacLeod & Grieve ahead of him.

Even in a relatively easy match, Loturi had me pulling my hair out, he's so ponderous on the ball, inviting challenges when County players are breaking up field looking for a pass. I'd far rather Loturi further forward so there's security behind him.

I'm sure Telfer would have got some minutes if there were more subs allowed.

MacLeod looks ready for the 1st team imo, he did everything bar score today & he'll only improve with more minutes. Grieve & Denholm gave a good account of eachother too.

19 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Loturi was the deeper CM today, with MacLeod & Grieve ahead of him.

Even in a relatively easy match, Loturi had me pulling my hair out, he's so ponderous on the ball, inviting challenges when County players are breaking up field looking for a pass. I'd far rather Loturi further forward so there's security behind him.

I'm sure Telfer would have got some minutes if there were more subs allowed.

MacLeod looks ready for the 1st team imo, he did everything bar score today & he'll only improve with more minutes. Grieve & Denholm gave a good account of eachother too.

If I'm on the bench and five subs get a shout before me I'm not really comforted by the idea that I could have got a few minutes under my belt if more subs were allowed.  I'm sticking to my view that Telfer has not met the standard required by Cowie and he needs to get his head down and graft.

36 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

If I'm on the bench and five subs get a shout before me I'm not really comforted by the idea that I could have got a few minutes under my belt if more subs were allowed.  I'm sticking to my view that Telfer has not met the standard required by Cowie and he needs to get his head down and graft.

It was more the point that Reid was an enforced sub for the injured Lamie, that may have disrupted the plan. As imo, Loturi was gash & I'd have DEFINITELY have had him hooked, especially with him having a yellow card too.

I'm all for players getting their head down & grafting.

I'm just not convinced by Loturi full stop. I hope to be proven wrong and will do my best to go into this season with an open mind, esp as others seem to rate him quite well. I hope that I might be missing something that others can see.

46 minutes ago, Rosscubed said:

I'm just not convinced by Loturi full stop. I hope to be proven wrong and will do my best to go into this season with an open mind, esp as others seem to rate him quite well. I hope that I might be missing something that others can see.

Yup, I'm very much like this too. 

I feel (some) County fans are really shitty with our own players and write them off, vilify them regardless to how they or the team perform. We've seen it through the years, Winters, Woods, Vigurs, ect, we've all seen it.  I'd like to think that I'm NOT that type of supporter so I'm hopeful for Loturi but I'm unconvinced.

1 hour ago, Rosscubed said:

He’s clearly got bags of talent but he’s just such a weird player. He takes ages to make a decision and by the time he does it’s too late/ the wrong one. But when he does have a good game it’s electric. 

Really hoping this season is a big one from him 

2 hours ago, Rosscubed said:

I want him to do well.

He's just so weird with his decision making. For every quality touch/pass is followed up by one a Highland League player wouldn't make.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yup, I'm very much like this too. 

I feel (some) County fans are really shitty with our own players and write them off, vilify them regardless to how they or the team perform. We've seen it through the years, Winters, Woods, Vigurs, ect, we've all seen it.  I'd like to think that I'm NOT that type of supporter so I'm hopeful for Loturi but I'm unconvinced.

Put me in this camp too. In Scottish football you get zero time on the ball, just not sure if Loturi is cut out for it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went abroad and did very well elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Put me in this camp too. In Scottish football you get zero time on the ball, just not sure if Loturi is cut out for it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went abroad and did very well elsewhere.

There were games last season, where Dhanda was either rested or subbed off & Loturi really seemed to take the creative responsibility in the midfield.

He seemed to thrive on the responsibility. In those circumstances he would generally be further forward, with two midfielders behind him so there was a safety net if/when he was caught on the ball.

It's Loturi playing deep that really gives me the fear 😬

5 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

There were games last season, where Dhanda was either rested or subbed off & Loturi really seemed to take the creative responsibility in the midfield.

He seemed to thrive on the responsibility. In those circumstances he would generally be further forward, with two midfielders behind him so there was a safety net if/when he was caught on the ball.

It's Loturi playing deep that really gives me the fear 😬

It’s very strange, because he doesn’t seem to be able to play as a 6 or an 8.   I like your idea of making him a 10.  

Litouri is infuriating. He pulls off moments of absolute class - nutmeg at the end of the Hamilton game - and then gets caught fannying around on the ball. Just reiterating everything that's already been said, but it looks like he's gonna play quite a prominent role this season so for me, it's definitely make or brake for him this year. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

It's a long shot but John Fleck is available.  Would fix a lot of deficiencies in midfield. A man can hope...Michelle Obama Hope GIF by Obama

Unless he had a holiday home up this way or some other tie to the area, whatever we could offer him, would be better spend elsewhere imo.