The General Ross County Chat Thread

Did Fotheringham spend a lot of time on the bench?

Think it may be him

Fotheringham started a lot when he first signed, until Adams came out of his inexplicable huff with Lawson and put the better player back in the team. Fotheringham spent January onwards on the bench until the last game or two of the season. Edited by bunglebonce

Stewart Murdoch been linked with us recently, he any good? Is his contract up?

I thought he looked excellent pre-season, and potentially our best midfielder (neither Irvine or Woods were with us at the time though) but he just didn't really get any consistent game time to show himself. He had a few pretty decent games, and a few pretty forgettable ones. I think he'd waltz the Championship, and I'm not 100% sure I'd like to see him go unless we've got someone better coming in.

He's still under contract but a handful of players have been told they can find other clubs.

I thought he looked excellent pre-season, and potentially our best midfielder (neither Irvine or Woods were with us at the time though) but he just didn't really get any consistent game time to show himself. He had a few pretty decent games, and a few pretty forgettable ones. I think he'd waltz the Championship, and I'm not 100% sure I'd like to see him go unless we've got someone better coming in.

He's still under contract but a handful of players have been told they can find other clubs.

hmm, probably be a replacement when we get rid of Paton

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something in this. Disappointed, but not surprised.

I'm guessing the others told they can go are Robertson, Boyd and possibly Graham and Dingwall?

I'll say what I've said for the last four consecutive close seasons - I would quite like to see Brian Graham at Thistle.

I'd be gutted to see Graham go. Put in some great performances this season and contributed nicely with goals. Sat on the bench too much for my liking. Understand that he wants consistent first team football, which is hard with Boyce, Schalk and (a hopefully fit) Curran.

I'll say what I've said for the last four consecutive close seasons - I would quite like to see Brian Graham at Thistle.

He's an excellent player.

I'm just speculating on players. I'd be inclined to start him more often than not.

Also a fan of Graham, unlucky not to get more game time last season IMO. Murdoch had one or two fantastic performances, Aberdeen at home springs to mind-he was tremendous. Seemed to really struggle to get consistency though and had one or two pretty poor games. Think the French guy we've brought in can play midfield?

More fuel on Murdoch to Utd rumours: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/937568/dundee-united-in-move-to-sign-ross-county-midfielder-stewart-murdoch/

ETA oops just noticed its all over the Utd thread.

I like Murdoch, showed glimpses of being the holding midfielder we've needed, but with Routis coming in, and another midfielder (according to Roy at the meeting) we'll be overloaded.

Edited by StuartTaylor

More fuel on Murdoch to Utd rumours: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/937568/dundee-united-in-move-to-sign-ross-county-midfielder-stewart-murdoch/

ETA oops just noticed its all over the Utd thread.

I like Murdoch, showed glimpses of being the holding midfielder we've needed, but with Routis coming in, and another midfielder (according to Roy at the meeting) we'll be overloaded.

yeah apparently Jim McIntyre is willing to let him go. Deal could be completed by next week

He's under contract. If he goes we will get substantial money for him... I could just about live with it depending on the number.

I could too. I'd imagine he'd be aiming at a higher level that that though.

Probably stems from Hibs "reportedly" trying to sign him last summer, and him effectively destroying Stubbs' cup-final gameplan of "pass the ball to John McGinn, then hope for the best".

If it's true then start negotiations at: £400,000 in cash, plus a sell-on clause, plus Barry Chuckle.

Probably stems from Hibs "reportedly" trying to sign him last summer, and him effectively destroying Stubbs' cup-final gameplan of "pass the ball to John McGinn, then hope for the best".

If it's true then start negotiations at: £400,000 in cash, plus a sell-on clause, plus Barry Chuckle.

400k wtf!

We got 100k for Luckassen(sp?). He's young, under contract, a currant international player start the bidding at £1.2m