The General Ross County Chat Thread

Davies, Quinn, Fraser, Foster, Boyd, Robertson, Cikos, Van der Weg, McEveley and possibly Routis. 10 defenders is a lot. Assuming Routis is more aimed at being in midfield, 2 for each position would sound more likely. In which case, we'd be one too many...

Davies, Quinn, Fraser, Foster, Boyd, Robertson, Cikos, Van der Weg, McEveley and possibly Routis. 10 defenders is a lot. Assuming Routis is more aimed at being in midfield, 2 for each position would sound more likely. In which case, we'd be one too many...

Too many. Is Boyd about to be shafted, or news that 1 or 2 have been released.

Too many. Is Boyd about to be shafted, or news that 1 or 2 have been released.

Van der Weg makes very little sense. He looks hopeless on his video, and he seems to be the odd man out. Boyd and/or Robertson could go as well, I suppose. It also looks as if they might be going 3-5-2 next season.

He gave away a penalty last season by handballing it. Doesn't seem bizarre until you see it, and see him make all the actions of being pushed in the back as if that was the cause of his hand going upwards, despite the fact nobody was near him.

We've just signed former Scotland player Jay McEveley from Sheffield United.

We have a lot of defenders.

There's McLaughlin for left back as well, who won't qualify as an u20 his season. I imagine he will still play a lot of DL games like Tony Dingwall last season, but I guess he will not be able to play in the challenge cup. Or he might go on loan.

I'm absolutely sure Routis has been lined up as a defensive midfielder.

We could indeed see more of 3-5-2 and the strategy could change quite suddenly with one substitution: Routis can protect the CBs, or Boyce behind the strikers, which was glorious at Pittodrie.

The age profile of the defence could be a long term issue.

Edited by bunglebonce

There's McLaughlin for left back as well, who won't qualify as an u20 his season. I imagine he will still play a lot of DL games like Tony Dingwall last season, but I guess he will not be able to play in the challenge cup. Or he might go on loan.

I'm absolutely sure Routis has been lined up as a defensive midfielder.

We could indeed see more of 3-5-2 and the strategy could change quite suddenly with one substitution: Routis can protect the CBs, or Boyce behind the strikers, which was glorious at Pittodrie.

The age profile of the defence could be a long term issue.

352, looking at how we and our season developed, last season, I think 352 is the way forward for us.

442 with a striker on fire in Liam Boyce did us well at the start of last season and caught out a good few of our competitors but as the season progressed teams found us out and overran our soft midfield.

Sacrificing a defender for a holding midfielder (Routis) makes sense to me, as it allows McIntyre to still play with two upfront, although it means we depend a lot on the work rate of our widemen, Gardyne and another (Foster if he stays maybe).