The General Ross County Chat Thread

Chris Robertson has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.  Not sure what to make of this one, with Boyd somewhat out of favour this leaves us short in central defence. 

Chris Robertson has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.  Not sure what to make of this one, with Boyd somewhat out of favour this leaves us short in central defence. 

Does it? Fraser and Van Der Weg and Boyd can all play there. I liked Robertson but at this point he's a bit superfluous.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Does it? Fraser and Van Der Weg and Boyd can all play there. I liked Robertson but at this point he's a bit superfluous.

I doubt we will see Boyd play for us again.  Would much rather he was released rather than Robertson.  Perhaps we might see some players coming in, now that another wage has been freed up.

No wide midfielders coming in then? How McIntyre can be content with Gardyne, Frank's and Dingwall as our only options is beyond me. 

All of it makes sense if he's hell bent on 3 at the back. If not, I hope there's an out of contract guy coming in.

Am I allowed to show moderate exasperation yet or should I wait until 2 minutes to midnight to avoid suggestions I'm not 100% the manager & club?

Not signing a wide player would be really bad. Because either we're going into the season with rubbish choices at wide midfield (seriously, we'd have been as well keeping Richard Foster) or else we're going with 3 at the back and that's an entirely different kettle of terrifying fish.

Edited by forkboy

Twitter suggests that Scott Boyd will be going on-loan to Kilmarnock.

Sentimentality aside, should we be too bothered? Decent back-up but unless both Davies/Quinn are missing then he's not likely to even get a seat on the bench. I think Fraser is a better CB than him. Still, given Robertson's departure it's not exactly ideal.

Even if a couple of players come in this has been an Adamsesque display of recruitment from McIntyre. 

Including McLaughlin (who is effectively a DL player) there is a squad of 19. Roy said at the Q+A that he/the manager wants to run a first team squad of 20.

A couple of others will come in, whether as loanees tonight or free agents over the next few weeks.  Time will tell what will be the better option. 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There's got to be someone coming in, surely? I'd suggest this makes 3 at the back less likely.

I hope so. Maybe they have their eye on some free agent which means the deadline isn't so urgent but as it stands it's hard not to look at the squad & think it's a step backwards from last season. Which isn't ideal.

21 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Boyd has signed for Killie on a season long loan. 

Delighted that his "illness" has cleared up. 

That aside, not sure where we are with our squad - looks incredibly one dimensional unless we spring a surprise or two/three in the  coming hours.

Not really sure what we're doing this window, not strengthening where we really need to and stripping away some squad players- though Graham and Foster surely had contributions to make this season.