The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s not a chance he didn’t know the rules on betting. It’s the the same rules in England as it is Scotland.

Didn’t your very own Michael Moffat have a similar charge. He came out of it okay.

Like Moffat I hope lad takes the punishment and moves on. Too young to get involved in all that shit.

Didn’t your very own Michael Moffat have a similar charge. He came out of it okay.
Like Moffat I hope lad takes the punishment and moves on. Too young to get involved in all that shit.

Yes he did and I’m pretty sure he knew what he was doing and thought he’d get away with it.

Your suggestion that Semple wasn’t aware of the rules on betting is nonsense

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

Totally disagree with you.

yes of course he should know better but he was 19 years old when he moved to Scotland in his first full year as a professional player. I am sure if he had known the rules he would not have been stupid enough to do it.

One thing I know for sure is that he is not the only player betting on football and if you think otherwise you are extremely naive.

FFS the Scottish FA are happy to accept millions of pounds from William Hill. Then question there own members for betting.

I read it was like The Vegetarians Society being sponsored by British Beef.

Complete hypocrisy .....

I am sure he will take his punishment and move on ....

As D`Jaffo says there is no way he didn`t know the rules.

Good luck to the guy. Hope he can learn and kick on.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes he did and I’m pretty sure he knew what he was doing and thought he’d get away with it.

Your suggestion that Semple wasn’t aware of the rules on betting is nonsense

Maybe he did maybe he didn’t. I agree the chances are he did.

What I am saying is I am sure he won’t be the last player to do something so stupid. 

• 2 weeks later...

If we do get up this season there's an incredible amount of work that needs done to this squad, we are nowhere near good enough for the top flight.

We were discussing this on the bus home on Sat. The invincibles from our previous season in the 2nd tier 2011-12 would murder this lot.

Or win 1-0 with a last minute McMenamin 2yd trundler.

Midge and Vigurs would have to play a half for each team of course.

5 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

We were discussing this on the bus home on Sat. The invincibles from our previous season in the 2nd tier 2011-12 would murder this lot.

Or win 1-0 with a last minute McMenamin 2yd trundler.

Midge and Vigurs would have to play a half for each team of course.

There was a dig and mean streak in the invincibles that sets them apart from our current squad. We did get lucky that season with injury but a fully fit midfield six of Rocco/Richie/Vigurs/Ketts/Lawson and Gardyne would absolutely piss on this league (at that point in their careers).

There was a dig and mean streak in the invincibles that sets them apart from our current squad. We did get lucky that season with injury but a fully fit midfield six of Rocco/Richie/Vigurs/Ketts/Lawson and Gardyne would absolutely piss on this league (at that point in their careers).

Yup.

Some of the signings have been questionable, but that midfield would have improved even last season’s squad.

That said, given the massive downsizing I think expectations of this team were far too high. They’re doing as well as could reasonably have been expected given the standard of the new players.

Very few of the current squad will be at County next season.

So much for me thinking that was a weak side!

Some performance!

Thought a lot of guys who've struggled this season showed real guts (Kelly and McManus) and even Kenny did alright at centre half.

Some performance!
Thought a lot of guys who've struggled this season showed real guts (Kelly and McManus) and even Kenny did alright at centre half.

Yup. Happy to say I got it wrong.

12 hours ago, Comrie said:

Some performance!

Thought Kelly and McManus were both terrible last night, really don't understand what McManus brings to the team and Kelly gave the ball away almost every time he had it... Kenny was decent at CB but I would've started Grivo/Semple and have KVdW at LB instead... Armstrong had a great game, if only he could cross!

33 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Thought Kelly and McManus were both terrible last night, really don't understand what McManus brings to the team and Kelly gave the ball away almost every time he had it... Kenny was decent at CB but I would've started Grivo/Semple and have KVdW at LB instead... Armstrong had a great game, if only he could cross!

Thought with Kelly and McManus I was rating them on two seperate things:

McManus was brought in to keep the Caley right side pushed back and he did so, and it was a good effort to keep the ball in for the corner that lead to our second goal as it wasn't a great pass to him. With Kelly, I can't really think of one major mistake he made until he gave the ball cheaply and lunged in like an idiot for his booking. He won the ball well off Austin (who was hopeless) a number of times.

Edited by Comrie

I had fears of Kenny in the centre last night but it was clearly a good plan to have him up against the physical threat of ict and White in particular, it worked and I'm not sure if Grivo or Semple could have stood up to him as good as Kenny did.

I'd have Kenny back to LB on Friday against united though. Hopefully Watson is good to return. 

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

I had fears of Kenny in the centre last night but it was clearly a good plan to have him up against the physical threat of ict and White in particular, it worked and I'm not sure if Grivo or Semple could have stood up to him as good as Kenny did.

I'd have Kenny back to LB on Friday against united though. Hopefully Watson is good to return. 

By the sounds of it, Watson might be done for the season.  Talk of his knee buckling, which sounds very much like ligaments of one kind or another.