The General Ross County Chat Thread

15 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

The most interesting thing on that from my POV is the number of headed goals scored past Fox.  Only three this season.  It shows how well County have dominated their box and that has allowed Fox himself to focus on his own strengths.

It also seems counter-intuitive - I wouldn't have immediately said that defending set pieces was a strength of that team, and as (possibly you) posted in this very thread, there's been about nine different central defensive partnerships, including full backs and midfielders and development squad players.  I'm guessing goals from corners which are bundled in don't count.  Goals conceded from crosses would be a more indicative number, I think.   

Firstly congrats on being worthy champions this season.
How have the ex Pars players been for you guys?
Morris, McManus, Spence and Armstrong?
I really liked Morris and McManus with us. Didn’t rate Spence and Armstrong was unable to make an impression due to lack of game time.

40 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:
I really liked Morris and McManus with us. Didn’t rate Spence and Armstrong was unable to make an impression due to lack of game time.

Morris has been hurt all year. Don’t think he’s good enough for the step up. McManus is very polarising, but he isn’t composed enough to be reliable striker. He has all the skill to be a winger or a 10, though. Like him a lot, but I’m in a minority. Spence is hardworking but limited (you can see how he made it as a professional just by outworking better players), but a panic signing by the managers’ own admission. Armstrong has barely played, but has looked good on his rare appearances.

So yeah, pretty much what you said, really.

Edited by Savage Henry

3 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Morris was pretty good from what I saw of him, looked composed but then got injured.

McManus works incredibly hard but will never make it as a top flight striker. He's better off out wide.

Spence is a player I like, a lot of dig and keeps it simple. Like a smaller, less physically dominating Draper with the ability to be more successful with his passing.

Armstrong hasn't featured enough and his fitness shows it. 

Morris was pretty good from what I saw of him, looked composed but then got injured.
McManus works incredibly hard but will never make it as a top flight striker. He's better off out wide.
Spence is a player I like, a lot of dig and keeps it simple. Like a smaller, less physically dominating Draper with the ability to be more successful with his passing.
Armstrong hasn't featured enough and his fitness shows it. 

Yeah. Armstrong looks a little bulky.

It's sounding like this Chalmers guy is crossing the bridge.  Not really getting this signing tbh, yes he's left sided but by all accounts rank rotten at left back but with a decent dead ball delivery, we have one of those already in Sean Kelly!!

Motherwell fans were not fans of Chalmers, so I'm not sure if he's an upgrade on Kelly or Kenny.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Think there may be a somewhat controversial development in the new kits for next season going by the club Instagram feed.

The away kit? I'd heard a few rumours after the sponsors meeting that is was going to be a colour I don't remember us using before.

42 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I don’t think he’s being signed as a left back.

So maybe a more solid left sided midfielder, an alternative to Midge who is obviously a huge fans favourite but Midge is aging, may miss a few games but could also be played elsewhere. 

Hmmm...

The away kit? I'd heard a few rumours after the sponsors meeting that is was going to be a colour I don't remember us using before.

I’m just looking at the photos from the players’ sponsors night, which specifically mentions an exclusive look at the new kits.

A few of the photos suggest either red and blue halves or quarters. I can’t see the away kit, unless it’s what I assumed was a goalkeeper jersey.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

So maybe a more solid left sided midfielder, an alternative to Midge who is obviously a huge fans favourite but Midge is aging, may miss a few games but could also be played elsewhere. 

Hmmm...

More a left footed midfielder who picks his passes well and can shoot from range, like a deputy to Vigurs, but who can be pushed wider if absolutely necessary.

So, other than a left back what's the position we most need to strengthen as a priority for the top flight?

42 minutes ago, Comrie said:

So, other than a left back what's the position we most need to strengthen as a priority for the top flight?

Right back too, honestly, carrying an injury or not Fraser has had a very poor season IMO.  He's a cracking lad and is a senior member of the squad but if he's to stay with us he needs pushed by serious competition. 

Edit to add. It would be negligent to not at least try to tempt the United striker Safranko, he's only there on loan and looks very good, decent replacement for McManus in the squad. 

Edited by frankthetank22