The General Ross County Chat Thread

Callachan is good enough to be an option for us but agree to get him back up to fitness a loan makes sense, even if it was the likes of ICT. Hope we manage to get rid of Hiwula

as for incomings another winger might be nice but our squad is in a decent place as it is

Allardice out for at least another month, Purrington another week, Paton December and Callachan January (MM in Sat P&J).

With a few days left of transfer window I would love a solid CB, one who doesn't give away a pen or get a yellow/red every game..

And no surprise if Dhanda departs for an undisclosed fee.

It's just betting odds so it's nothing all that meaningful, but Malky's odds for the Hibs job have apparently shortened, with Mcbookie having him at 7/1. That still boots him behind Neil Lennon & Scott Brown mind.

But if he did go, and putting aside whether that would make you happy or sad because it's old ground, have we any ideas on a next permanent manager? Because I haven't a scooby

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

It's just betting odds so it's nothing all that meaningful, but Malky's odds for the Hibs job have apparently shortened, with Mcbookie having him at 7/1. That still boots him behind Neil Lennon & Scott Brown mind.

But if he did go, and putting aside whether that would make you happy or sad because it's old ground, have we any ideas on a next permanent manager? Because I haven't a scooby

Our next manager will be Don Cowie.  It’s almost as if the club hasn’t learned a thing from Kettlewell.  

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Our next manager will be Don Cowie.  It’s almost as if the club hasn’t learned a thing from Kettlewell.  

On another note, with Motherwell starting the season well, I see the “hard done by” claims have resurfaced regarding Kettlewell’s tenure with us. When John “Yogi” Hughes comes into your football club and outperforms you, I think it’s safe to say you’re underachieving.  

Just hoping we keep hold of Dhanda come the end of the transfer window. He's put in good showings against Celtic and Rangers in recent weeks so I'd be surprised if he's not caught the eye of a "bigger" club.

58 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

On another note, with Motherwell starting the season well, I see the “hard done by” claims have resurfaced regarding Kettlewell’s tenure with us. When John “Yogi” Hughes comes into your football club and outperforms you, I think it’s safe to say you’re underachieving.  

In the context of his and I'll admit, surprising to me recent success, isn't the more interesting question "why"?

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I'd completely forgotten about Cowie. Yes, when you put it like that he does seem a no-brainer.

13 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Anyone who says that should be forced to rewatch out performance the day he got punted vs Accies. Made a pish Accies team look competent.

If Malky goes it's likely he'll try and take Cowie with him as number 2. But if that doesn't happen it'll definitely be him as next manager

I would take maybe Imrie or Davidson but there's not a great deal of exciting of options out there

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

That's Southampton going back in with an £8m bid to Sunderland, for Ross Stewart. They've just had a £5m offer rejected.

That'll surely be a few extra £ in our kitty 🤑

Eight million for Ross Stewart.  Lunacy.  We got him for £25,000 back in the day.  

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Eight million for Ross Stewart.  Lunacy.  We got him for £25,000 back in the day.  

Hey, he was banging in the goals for a newly promoted Sunderland side, in the Championship. Before his bad injury, he was just about a goal a game, for a while (iirc).  When you see others that have done that before, and what they go for, plus the money these teams throw about, £8m is probably cheap!

Fyi, the only place Mackay is going this season, is the top 6 with County.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

Stewart's a cracking striker these days at that level, that will be a bargain for them if he gets them promoted.

As for top 6 for County, Impressive home win against St johnstone but 1 swallow does not make a summer, far too early to tell. 8th or 9th would be just fine.

29 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It won’t happen because the uproar would be genuinely mental, but if Malky were to go to Hibs I’d like to take a punt on McCabe or Murray. Be tough to prise them away from their current jobs though. 

Seems like Neil Lennon is their first choice.  Think I might actually prefer Malky.  

4 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

That's Southampton going back in with an £8m bid to Sunderland, for Ross Stewart. They've just had a £5m offer rejected.

That'll surely be a few extra £ in our kitty 🤑

Anyone any idea the size of the sell on? I’ve heard 10% of all profit but could be ballocks.

4 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

Stewart's a cracking striker these days at that level, that will be a bargain for them if he gets them promoted.

As for top 6 for County, Impressive home win against St johnstone but 1 swallow does not make a summer, far too early to tell. 8th or 9th would be just fine.

Aye, I would agree with that. Anything above 8th would be good. 

4 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

Stewart was a superb striker, unlucky with injuries for sure last season. Superb attitude and run his heart out for every ball as well.

No idea if County would get much from the transfer sell on, but good luck to him either way. A player that should be considered seriously for Scotland as well I reckon.