2022–23 Highland League Chat

RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Wasn't ti be unfortunately,but by all accounts the Vale played well and ran the scum close 😎

Get another go at them next week. Sounded like we gave them a good go last night.

Young lad Goldie MOTM, he seems to be getting better and better. 

More of the same next week and here’s hoping we can get a draw or win against them.

Keep the faith ✊

21 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I see Nairn are 2 up at ht, looks like a decent crowd too.

Stayed there, great crowd, just wish they played these derbies in August, miserably cold and driech, especially if you're a Clach fan. Back to square one after a 6 week break, just when they were getting their act together, never looked like scoring and 2 very weak goals conceded.

On 07/01/2023 at 22:24, Vale Vale Vale said:

Unlucky again today. Were robbed of a draw against Buckie and only losing 3-2 to the league champions today is no disgrace. Bring on the Locos 😀

Yeah signs of improvement VVV,big summer ahead for Vale.

If we can recruit 2 or 3 experianced players  and the young lads continue to develop then hopefully an improvement and a mid table finish beckons. 

55 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

If we can recruit 2 or 3 experianced players  and the young lads continue to develop then hopefully an improvement and a mid table finish beckons. 

That's what I thought last season with Clach, getting Warren in to sort out the defence and Brindle up front seemed like the final jigsaw pieces. :lol: Mind you, with a great result at Locos on Saturday we've jumped from 2nd bottom to 14th so who knows by the end of the season!

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

I think our luck will change soon.

Best to stick by the young lads coming in, just a pity we lost Matty Jamieson but I’m sure we will have other young players coming in to replace him who are up for it like Matty was.

Charlie Hays a good signing.