UEFA Europa League 22/23

GNU_Linux

"It should be a penalty, but now a days who knows"

"Check over, no penalty"

"Quite right"

Steve McManaman and Alan Preston, two cheeks of the same idiotic arsehole

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is an abvious error if the ref gives the penalty for a mis-timed tackle when factually the tackle was good.

^^^^^^

This is modern football 

Complete bollocks 

What happened to football deciding a game 

3 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I thought it was about as clear and obvious as you could get. 

As did I. Never sure how VAR is going to act though. Having said that, it does seem to generally work reasonably well in the UEFA competitions. 

Edited by PSJ.84

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

With some of the penalties that are dished out for handball nowadays I can’t understand how that’s not a penalty? 

The ref made the call on the field that the arm was in a natural position and it wasn't an obvious error so VAR shouldn't get involved. it could have been a pen but it isn't clear cut either way so go with the decision on the field.

Too often in Scotland the VAR is re-reffing the game with handballs and not respecting the ref's initial decision.

I’m normally in the camp that adults shouldn’t be wearing football tops but it does look quite good when you see that big block of white behind the goals. Granted that could be achieved by wearing a white non football top but still.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m normally in the camp that adults shouldn’t be wearing football tops but it does look quite good when you see that big block of white behind the goals. Granted that could be achieved by wearing a white non football top but still.

The caveat for this rule should always be "unless watching your team in a cup final"

20 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d agree with this it’s nice to see the teams colours in the crowd.

Mourinho is an absolute master at the dark arts. And he needs to be tonight because if they don't win and get into the Champions League, it'll go down as a terrible season for Roma.