UEFA Europa League 22/23

GNU_Linux

25 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It’s the game I am watching and it was an outstanding goal. He’s actually looked like the player that everyone thinks he is tonight.

It certainly was. For the first 15-20 minutes of that second half West Ham absolutely blew Gent away. They could easily have had another couple on top of the 3 they got. 

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

What a fantastic atmosphere.......hope that they go on to win it (again)

Unbelievable to think a few weeks ago they were in serious relegation trouble

Nice of the fans to stay behind and cheer the team for such an impressive result. 

Not!

You would not have seen that happen at the Boleyn when it was mainly terracing and the pitch was so close to the “Chicken run”! 😂 

IMG_1436.jpeg.e335bba55b4404f37f795cb9407a8765.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Nice of the fans to stay behind and cheer the team for such an impressive result. 

Not!

You would not have seen that happen at the Boleyn when it was mainly terracing and the pitch was so close to the “Chicken run”! 😂 

IMG_1436.jpeg.e335bba55b4404f37f795cb9407a8765.jpeg

Wasn;t meaning the West Ham game.......I would have thought that obvious by the use of "hope they win it (again)"

7 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Wasn;t meaning the West Ham game.......I would have thought that obvious by the use of "hope they win it (again)"

Sorry it could could have been a reference to the intertoto cup which is perhaps similar to what uefa call it now. West Ham won that in 1999 iirc.

Your post was immediately after other’s comments on the West Ham game so far from obvious to an eejit like me! 😂 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

It’s the game I am watching and it was an outstanding goal. He’s actually looked like the player that everyone thinks he is tonight.

Just making my way back from the game, the boy is absolutely class. Given the amount of football he has played in the past couple years, he was always going to have a "dip", but seems to be getting into gear when it matters. He's proven it in the league, two different European competitions and internationally. Said in another thread, this competition is very much West Ham's to lose now, if he can win that, then it's a nice way to see him go. 

8 hours ago, Jambomo said:

The team in white was Gent not Real Madrid.

He has had a very poor season, let’s see him consistently perform against top sides before quoting him as a £100m midfielder.

I reckon his career will be more Mark Noble than Kalvin Phillips and he will stay at West Ham.

A team who is 13th in la Liga hammering third in the Barclays is pretty funny, what a shocking time they have had in Europe this season 😂

Edited by Satoshi