2022/23 breakout star

Whilst watching the Motherwell game last night I was thinking that they could really do with a McFadden type player to come on and change things up. Somebody to play with no fear.

Are there any players of that ilk that people think might break through this season. Im not just talking about good young players who might get the odd game. Looking for somebody to burst onto the scene who will most likely become a major Scotland player in next 2 to 3 years.

The one that sprung to mind was Lowry at Rangers as I believe he has the talent but I dont think he will get the game time at Ibrox to become a regular starter as there are around 5 players ahead of him for the attacking mid role.

9 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Whilst watching the Motherwell game last night I was thinking that they could really do with a McFadden type player to come on and change things up. Somebody to play with no fear.

Are there any players of that ilk that people think might break through this season. Im not just talking about good young players who might get the odd game. Looking for somebody to burst onto the scene who will most likely become a major Scotland player in next 2 to 3 years.

The one that sprung to mind was Lowry at Rangers as I believe he has the talent but I dont think he will get the game time at Ibrox to become a regular starter as there are around 5 players ahead of him for the attacking mid role.

Reid and Etharon at St Mirren all got a good chance in a couple off seasons if they keep playing every week

36 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Reid and Etharon at St Mirren all got a good chance in a couple off seasons if they keep playing every week

Not the first time I've heard positive comments around Ethan Erhahon. Heard he was good for St Mirren yesterday.

• 10 months later...
On 01/08/2022 at 09:25, velo army said:

Good thread idea.

Connor Barron or Alex Lowrie could have big seasons this year. They'd be my predicted picks.

On 01/08/2022 at 10:12, General dissaray said:

O ' Hara ?

2 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Sorry , the St Mirren player

I guess "breakout star" is an ill defined phrase but he's been around for years, is 27, and had about 200 premier appearances before this season. 

He's not shite, i'll give you that 

For the season gone it has to be Ben Doak.

Massively ahead of his age group in development already, a few appearances for first team and imagine he will be in and around first team even more next season.

If Steve Clarke had invited Ben Doak into squad for the games last week, I doubt anyone would have been against that. A serious serious talent.

10 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

For the season gone it has to be Ben Doak.

Massively ahead of his age group in development already, a few appearances for first team and imagine he will be in and around first team even more next season.

If Steve Clarke had invited Ben Doak into squad for the games last week, I doubt anyone would have been against that. A serious serious talent.

serious serious or top top? 

• 2 months later...
On 01/08/2022 at 00:34, Craigieboy86 said:

23-24-men-profiles_21.png