Kelty Hearts vs Dunfermline Athletic - A New Fife Derby

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Stupid ruling. If someone is total smashed wouldn't they be safer with their friends than turned away and left to fend for themselves for 2 hours? 

At a half empty all seated stadium, I’d agree. In the context of this Saturday’s game, absolutely not. In a packed terrace, if someone falls into people, you get a bit of a domino effect, which could result in multiple injuries. So you’re risking a health and safety disaster if you let them in. If they end up spewing, it’s all over people. Also, if they need medical assistance, it’s much harder for first aiders/help to get to them in a packed terrace. Someone being smashed makes it much more likely that they, or someone else, will need medical assistance.

As I say, no problem with people having a few drinks and being tipsy/merry. But if they’re absolutely smashed, they shouldn’t be at the game. As for having to fend for themselves for 2 hours - that’s down to their ‘friends’, not police/stewards. Presumably, these ‘friends’ will have been drinking with them and let them get in that state. They would then also have to make the decision to go into the stadium without their pal, if he’s left on his own.

I've had an absolute moon boot fall Into me and my old man on several occasions at a Scotland game, from the row behind, and we ended up in a scuffle that could have gone anywhere if his pals didnt agree with me that he was the fud and get him telt.

I'm no fussed if people are melted at the game as long as it doesn't cause inconvenience to other people.

Thats the decision that everyday stewards at football matches aren't paid enough to make or enforce. 

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

At a half empty all seated stadium, I’d agree. In the context of this Saturday’s game, absolutely not. In a packed terrace, if someone falls into people, you get a bit of a domino effect, which could result in multiple injuries. So you’re risking a health and safety disaster if you let them in. If they end up spewing, it’s all over people. Also, if they need medical assistance, it’s much harder for first aiders/help to get to them in a packed terrace. Someone being smashed makes it much more likely that they, or someone else, will need medical assistance.

As I say, no problem with people having a few drinks and being tipsy/merry. But if they’re absolutely smashed, they shouldn’t be at the game. As for having to fend for themselves for 2 hours - that’s down to their ‘friends’, not police/stewards. Presumably, these ‘friends’ will have been drinking with them and let them get in that state. They would then also have to make the decision to go into the stadium without their pal, if he’s left on his own.

A tad dramatic to suggest it could cause a "health and safety disaster".

Edited by Cardle is Magic

5 hours ago, CallumPar said:

As others have said, this is on the T&Cs of all football tickets and has been for years. Only enforced when people are completely out of it and unable to stand/walk properly. Nobody will make any fuss about fans being tipsy/merry when entering the ground.

Anyone being merry in Kelty will have the locals to deal with, highly inadvisable imo.

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Stupid ruling. If someone is total smashed wouldn't they be safer with their friends than turned away and left to fend for themselves for 2 hours? 

Seen the police throw boys out games for being pissed, and give them directions to the pub so they have somewhere to go until the bus is ready to leave at full time.

Only in Scotland 

5 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Seen the police throw boys out games for being pissed, and give them directions to the pub so they have somewhere to go until the bus is ready to leave at full time.

Only in Scotland 

Should be given a place on the bench and guaranteed 10 minutes at the end. Would be hilarious and possibly discourage it. Or perhaps improve the standard of the game.

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Should be given a place on the bench and guaranteed 10 minutes at the end. Would be hilarious and possibly discourage it. Or perhaps improve the standard of the game.

I'd have preferred 11 half cut boys out the pub last season 

48 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is this going to be Kelty's new highest attendance? Has it sold out yet? I got a ticket for the home end but I assume there's no plans for segregation. Although it's no bother if there is, I'll not have colours or that on.

Think they got over 2,000 for the SC tie with St Johnstone.

Is this going to be Kelty's new highest attendance? Has it sold out yet? I got a ticket for the home end but I assume there's no plans for segregation. Although it's no bother if there is, I'll not have colours or that on.
Stone Island gear on eh [emoji119]

Pretty sure their Scottish Cup game against St Johnstone last season was a sell out. If the home end isn’t going to sell out, surely they’d be just as well giving them to us? Seems daft to have spaces available when there’s obviously a lot of Pars fans wanting to go.

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Pretty sure their Scottish Cup game against St Johnstone last season was a sell out. If the home end isn’t going to sell out, surely they’d be just as well giving them to us? Seems daft to have spaces available when there’s obviously a lot of Pars fans wanting to go.

Aye, I've seen a few Pars fans on Facebook and the like asking if anyone has spare tickets so there is obviously demand at our end and while some folk are just saying "buy a home end ticket" I know a few old school types don't want to "risk it" so if they were to announce that any fan can buy a ticket for the home end (if indeed there is not going to be segregation) then they'll shift a few more.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't even joke about that - we all know Police Scotland look at places like this and they'll be looking for any excuse to get more officers there and get up segregation and the like.

They had no bother putting up segregation at our games with Arbroath without reason which must be up there with the least likely to cause trouble

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't even joke about that - we all know Police Scotland look at places like this and they'll be looking for any excuse to get more officers there and get up segregation and the like.

Joke?