Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

26 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Still less than our biggest rivals who could attract better players and pay larger fees and wages. The fans who backed Celtic in the mid to late 90’s were def glory hunters. 

I find the glory hunter claims a bit flawed. Most support who their family or friend support at very young age and dont really know much about finances or who is historically the most dominant team. You will get the ones who only seem to turn up on big European nights etc which is fair enough but that happens at just about every club.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

He wanted Celtic & Rangers revenues limited and all revenues generated in Europe redistributed to the other clubs in the League.

Ah, ok.

So you mean he wants to profit from being in the same competition (which we can't win) as Celtic, like Celtic do from being cannon fodder in a competition with Barcelona and Liverpool?

Seems fair enough to me.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

He wanted Celtic & Rangers revenues limited and all revenues generated in Europe redistributed to the other clubs in the League.

Well either that or they can keep all their European revenues and play somewhere else other than Scotland......but then they wouldn't have any European revenues...oh dear what a quandary.....

Anyway back to the game I thought it was a bit shit yesterday and if Hearts didn’t rotate we could have easily dropped points. I absolutely get why they are doing though. Game just seemed a bit flat and needed a Brown type character to give it a bit of needle.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ah, ok.

So you mean he wants to profit from being in the same competition (which we can't win) as Celtic, like Celtic do from being cannon fodder in a competition with Barcelona and Liverpool?

Seems fair enough to me.

Of course it does, so none of the work and pocket a share.

However what isn’t understood is that by taking that revenue away we wouldn’t be qualifying for those competitions and that revenue would dwindle over time. 

A better TV deal for our league distributed equally would see clubs get more money that wouldn’t limit what Celtic or Rangers can do in Europe or make clubs dependant on Celtic or Rangers doing well in Europe. It may even help some other clubs get into the group stages

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No, you asked for suggestions to stop the league being an uncompetitive farce and I gave you a list. I didn’t explicitly back any of them. 

With regards to European income, I don’t think it’s that far fetched to say that money belongs to Scottish football, not the clubs that benefit from it. Even if that weren’t true, it’s a simple fact that participation in the champions league by the OF makes it impossible for any other Scottish club to come anywhere close. It is just basic finances. So if you can’t address that then the league will never be a fair fight. 

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Well either that or they can keep all their European revenues and play somewhere else other than Scotland......but then they wouldn't have any European revenues...oh dear what a quandary.....

And what options do we have to play elsewhere currently?

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Of course it does, so none of the work and pocket a share.

However what isn’t understood is that by taking that revenue away we wouldn’t be qualifying for those competitions and that revenue would dwindle over time. 

A better TV deal for our league distributed equally would see clubs get more money that wouldn’t limit what Celtic or Rangers can do in Europe or make clubs dependant on Celtic or Rangers doing well in Europe. It may even help some other clubs get into the group stages

Well, this is patent nonsense.

Firstly, Celtic do none of the work in attracting Champions League money. Nobody is interested in your participation in it whasoever. You are paid to be cannon fodder while the famous teams create social media content. You are the Ross County of that tv money.

Secondly, Celtic doing better in those competitions will not increase the revenues for the other teams. It will not improve our tv deal. It will just mean Celtic win even more often and our league becomes more and more boring.

Let's be charitable and say that Celtic do well in the CL and this gets Hearts and Aberdeen group stage football in the EL or EC for a couple of years. You do realise this just makes the gaps between Celtic and Hearts/Aberdeen bigger and exacerbates the problem?

Edited by VincentGuerin

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Well, this is patent nonsense.

Firstly, Celtic do none of the work in attracting Champions League money. Nobody is interested in your participation in it whasoever. You are paid to be cannon fodder while the famous teams create social media content. You are the Ross County of that tv money.

Secondly, Celtic doing better in those competitions will not increase the revenues for the other teams. It will not improve our tv deal. It will just mean Celtic win even more often and our league becomes more and more boring.

Let's be charitable and say that Celtic do well in the CL and this gets Hearts and Aberdeen group stage football in the EL or EC for a couple of years. You do realise this just makes the gaps between Celtic and Hearts/Aberdeen bigger and exacerbates the problem?

No mate you aren’t interested and if it ever came to be that you would profit from it you would quickly change your tune. 

And i didn’t suggest Celtic doing well in the CL would improve the TV deal they don’t have be mutually exclusive. Our current TV deal is shite compared to likes of similar sized countries like Norway whose deal is worth double ours. Unsure as to how you even came to that conclusion

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's all I asked M8 and didn't get an answer, he then went off in a tangent about Celtic having £35 million squad then he changed it to £50 million maybe you have an answer as a hearts fan?

You compared Craig Gordon and Ian Harte’s goalkeeping ability - that’s why I questioned your knowledge - Harte is not a goalkeeper.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No mate you aren’t interested and if it ever came to be that you would profit from it you would quickly change your tune. 

And i didn’t suggest Celtic doing well in the CL would improve the TV deal they don’t have be mutually exclusive. Our current TV deal is shite compared to likes of similar sized countries like Norway whose deal is worth double ours. Unsure as to how you even came to that conclusion

The tarts have just played a game against us resting players making the European game their priority M8. 
Riding on the wave of your highest position in coefficient points in over 20 years. 

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

How will Celtic doing well in the CL improve our tv deal? Explain this to me.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

How will Celtic doing well in the CL improve our tv deal? Explain this to me.

For the 2nd time in as many posts i haven’t suggested Celtic doing well in the CL will improve the TV deal. Do i need to do you a paint by numbers version?