Armadale Thistle FC

15 hours ago, fanatic said:

Any names in the frame for this

Don't have any inside info, applications shut today, inteviews maybe start over weekend, as of 2 days ago I believe there was over 15 applicants, not sure how many now.

An appealing job I would think 🙂

Wee trip up to Harthill tomorow, who have been improving as the season goes on so won't be easy, will see how the players react hopefully want to send Derek off in style and keep up the quest for promotion .....

Match.jpg

• 1 month later...

Next game one can live in hope 😀 Bo'ness pumping everything in sight but as most of us know we can't all keep it up forever .... 😛

On a serious note, rumours abound that the 2nd placed club in the 3rd division may not even get promotion due to reconstruction, a farce if so, would be good to get clarified, as a supporter of the 2nd best supported team out of all the 60 EOSFL teams despite being stuck down in the 3rd division it would surely be good for the game if we were allowed to progress where our final position deserves and what was the criteria at the start of the season  ... Match.jpg

9 hours ago, JC1874 said:

Next game one can live in hope 😀 Bo'ness pumping everything in sight but as most of us know we can't all keep it up forever .... 😛

On a serious note, rumours abound that the 2nd placed club in the 3rd division may not even get promotion due to reconstruction, a farce if so, would be good to get clarified, as a supporter of the 2nd best supported team out of all the 60 EOSFL teams despite being stuck down in the 3rd division it would surely be good for the game if we were allowed to progress where our final position deserves and what was the criteria at the start of the season  ... Match.jpg

Why would they not. First I've heard of it 

Bar the SPFL Playoff throwing a spanner in the works the way the EoSFL would be next season is 16-16-16-10. Linlithgow going up and Dalbeattie relegated to the South.

image.png.fe3d6c243ba4ffecc3f4e91e96e2db18.png

image.png.d7eff2b53f5635c81510c2aa9d740da1.png

I don't imagine there would be any proposal that would shaft 2nd & 3rd in Div3 being popular enough to get voted through at this late stage with the potential SPFL Playoffs leading to further permutations.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Bar the SPFL Playoff throwing a spanner in the works the way the EoSFL would be next season is 16-16-16-10. Linlithgow going up and Dalbeattie relegated to the South.

image.png.fe3d6c243ba4ffecc3f4e91e96e2db18.png

image.png.d7eff2b53f5635c81510c2aa9d740da1.png

I don't imagine there would be any proposal that would shaft 2nd & 3rd in Div3 being popular enough to get voted through at this late stage with the potential SPFL Playoffs leading to further permutations.

Sounds like rumour based on national conference happening 

On 02/04/2023 at 17:06, searchers1963 said:

Yes exactly this, who knows if true or not, hopefully not what do I know 😀

A few big games coming up for the Dale next few weeks, as per last season we've hit a bit of a slump near the end of the season. Ed College and West Calder to play next our nearest challengers,  Stoneyburn next ..... 

Match.jpg

On 02/04/2023 at 17:06, searchers1963 said:

The new abomination(sorry conference) League is not due to come into force until the season after next so it won’t affect any promotion places this season.

I’ve not heard anything to suggest that the second placed team in the Third division won’t be promoted. 

7 hours ago, patriot1 said:

The new abomination(sorry conference) League is not due to come into force until the season after next so it won’t affect any promotion places this season.

I’ve not heard anything to suggest that the second placed team in the Third division won’t be promoted. 

Neither had I 

• 2 weeks later...

So, after a really poor run of 6 games without a win we have now won our last 3 league games and have surely cemented second spot albeit miles behind the mighty Bo'ness.

Next game, a toughie as Bathgate seem to be getting better as season goes on, but it's a big local derby,  away at Bathgate where the Dale fans will outnumber the home fans as usual by a million to one and hopefully cheer us on to another 3 points. 😀

Match.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Promoted yay 😀

A mixed season, new management team next seaon see how it goes, looking at how good Whitburn and Syngenta done in Division 2 after their promotion you have to fancy our chances to go up again he says in hope.

Bo'ness so far ahead we were never going to win the league this season, would imagine it will be same next season.

So, two home games left this season, Harthill next then an interesting meaningless last game v Bo'ness.

Match.jpg

Decent 2 nil win today v a spirited Harthill.

Was a typical not much to play for game mind you ... next up is the last game of the season and it's only v the champs Bo'ness, can we keep the score down or even better cause an upset.. we will see.

PS All the best to West Calder next weekend would love to see you come up with us.....

Match.jpg

Congratulations to Bo'ness on the title, simply blew everybody else away well deserved.

2-2 yesterday, was a good game and to be fair good not to get pumped 😀

Finally, farewell Derek, many thanks, highs and lows but been a pleasure ....

92c177_c7bd0a49802b41178003063ff62de4a1~mv2.jpg

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Evening all, I'm at the Volly tonight. Just wondering what's keeping Armadale out of the big Scottish? Is it a club decision or am I missing something?

They've only just got the work done on the ground. The turnaround in the short time has been unreal and they seemed to have even kept the support onside throughout, so I imagine it'll be on the list after a well earned breather

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Evening all, I'm at the Volly tonight. Just wondering what's keeping Armadale out of the big Scottish? Is it a club decision or am I missing something?

Same as every other club who isn't competing, they don't have an SFA licence and haven't won a competition to qualify (tier 6 league, Junior Cup, or Cup Winners Shield). They lost in the Junior Cup at the weekend so unless they meet licensing criteria by early spring they won't be in it next year either. Don't think it's a big deal though, they'll be focusing on promotion first.

Edited by Ginaro

It's a nice setup they have. Assume it's just completion of the admin side and getting all the required rolls assigned... the ground must be compliant. 

Was quite a decent match tonight. Kennoway Star a far more solid side than I expected. Dale missed a great early chance to take the lead... a dreadful miss from the striker blazing it over from about 10 yards. Could have been a very different game if that went in.

As it was, Kennoway went 2 up in the 2nd half with two well worked goals. Armadale did have chances, but never took them, two sitters missed and one good save from the keeper. They did eventually pull one back... a great hit. But as they pushed for an equaliser, Kennoway hit them on the break and worked another good finish to win it. 

Kennoway were the better side on the night and deserved the points with their well taken goals.