Newtongrange Star 2022/23

10 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Joe Hamill would be an obvious choice based on Simmy, his assistant at Musselburgh, getting the assistant's job at Nitten last week 🤔 Gotta think Kieran Renton would be on any shortlist too - an ambitious young manager. Or, Stevie McLeish?

I have no inside knowledge as a Musselburgh supporter, just guessing, but food for thought?

Don’t think Mcliesh should be anywhere near the place. When he left before , he trashed the club on social media regarding finances and their refusal to be taken over by a company who are now bust. Thought it was very unprofessional 

I followed Berwick during our season of doom when Robbie left and Johnny was appointed which (as we know) ended up in relegation. I have made my thoughts very clear on here in the past about my feelings towards Mr Harvey and I can see in this thread that others have very similar opinions to mine. COVIDHARVEY.

On the opposite side of the scale, I've actually stuck up for Hammill in the past on here. a family member of mine is "connected" to Musselburgh and he spoke very highly of Joe, both as a person and as a manager, Big on playing football the right way. I think he had a lot on his plate near the end of his time in charge both on a personal level and from the club/support. As we know it's a results-driven business and the results for him at Musselburgh at the end of his reign didn't quite go his way and that's what he'll more so be judged on. 

Im not going to say he's the right man for the Nitten job, but not going to say he's not either.

I used to love my visits as a youth up to the old victoria park with my uncle Jock in the late 80's/early 90's so I may have a bit of a soft spot for Nitten, I hope they do well in the years to come.

Edited by fanfromafar

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

Not making the IHS game today so going to catch up with my auld mukka and take in the Nitten game today, can you still get a pint at the social club before the game does anyone know?

Yes