Aberdeen v Livi

This could easily be another Motherwell type game for us if we're not careful on the counter. I had an impression that Richardson wasn't playing quite so far forward in the last game, sticking more to short, quick bursts forward, which is probably a good idea so we don't get exposed so often. 

This could go any way though. The only certainty is our more tricky players will get kicked to pieces 

29 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

This could easily be another Motherwell type game for us if we're not careful on the counter. I had an impression that Richardson wasn't playing quite so far forward in the last game, sticking more to short, quick bursts forward, which is probably a good idea so we don't get exposed so often. 

This could go any way though. The only certainty is our more tricky players will get kicked to pieces 

According to the email I just got, it is another Motherwell game.

image.png.d7254c008650c377821be0dba50a891d.png

No Anderson again for this.So bloody frustrating. Same starting 11 as in recent weeks despite Martindale saying there would be changes.Absolutly robbed last week.Just hope the team turns that dissapointment into hunger and attempt to take something from this.Hard to call,reckon it depends on which Don's team turns up.Would take a point tbh.

Livi give me the fear to be honest. 

Always feel like whatever we throw at them they know how to absorb it and then exploit our weaknesses at the other end. Similar to Motherwell they just seem to have our number. 

I like to take the piss but they are a good side with good players, and we’ll need to be at it today. I’d expect us to try and start the game quickly today and if so we need to be clinical as always feel if you give them half an hour to settle and it remains 0-0 you’re in trouble. 

We have a really poor record against them. Only won 9 times in 17 home league games. And the less said about our record in the cups the better.

Edit: yet weirdly both me and my mate that I go with are confident of a win. Generally we're pretty pessimistic. 

Edited by Suspect Device

14 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

f**k me.

Do you not get the “football parlance”?

Lewis came for it, he was nowhere near it, therefore he was at fault & “threw it in”, ie was at fault.

For throwing it in the net see Stryjek for your winner, now that's throwing it in the net.

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

No Anderson again for this.So bloody frustrating. Same starting 11 as in recent weeks despite Martindale saying there would be changes.Absolutly robbed last week.Just hope the team turns that dissapointment into hunger and attempt to take something from this.Hard to call,reckon it depends on which Don's team turns up.Would take a point tbh.

I think you're right with that. If we play to our ability then we should win. If we let Livi dictate the game, then we'll likely lose.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Always feel like whatever we throw at them they know how to absorb it and then exploit our weaknesses at the other end. Similar to Motherwell they just seem to have our number. 

I like to take the piss but they are a good side with good players, and we’ll need to be at it today. I’d expect us to try and start the game quickly today and if so we need to be clinical as always feel if you give them half an hour to settle and it remains 0-0 you’re in trouble. 

This is the fundamental issue that Glass' team had, and Goodwin has yet to prove he has the answers to. It's fine to have a bit of a bigger budget, but in this league you have to earn the right to play fancy football. For all the nice build up, fancy footwork, and pace we have, I'm yet to be convinced we have the killer instinct required. Hopefully that starts today, but we'll see...

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Will be interesting to see if this goes something like the Sevco and Hibs games, with Nouble getting an early goal, scored in the 6th and 5th minute in those game. On paper it looks a very similar game, against an attack minded opposition that will come at us, leaving a chance for Nouble to get in behind you.

Funny reading Dons fans saying you have a poor record against us up there, always felt like we lost most of the games against you at Pittodrie, but that doesn't seem to be the case, though the last couple of seasons it's been a win and a loss for us. Could go either way by the looks of it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER