Aberdeen v Livi

Think we need to get something here, to get a positive feeling back after the defeat to Motherwell, it's been a decent start to the league for us but don't want to see it slipping away with another loss.

Hoping Bruce is recovered from his ankle injury, bit worrying he's gone over on it twice now, and not even when playing a game, could be a problem for him/us if it's going to be a recurring injury. He does like a goal against his former team though, so fingers crossed he makes it. Will be interesting seeing how Martindale sets us up for this game, with him saying he's going to be changing our shape and bringing in some changes in players, if Bruce doesn't make it i wouldn't mind seeing Mullin starting up alongside Nouble, don't think we need to change too much, just carry a bit more of an attacking threat.

19 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

As far as I can tell.... once.

I think he was out injured for almost all of the other games against Aberdeen to be fair. His season was fucked last year due to a niggly injury that kept persisting. Somewhat incredible that he managed 12 goals throughout all that.

39 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think he was out injured for almost all of the other games against Aberdeen to be fair. His season was fucked last year due to a niggly injury that kept persisting. Somewhat incredible that he managed 12 goals throughout all that.

Played 3 games against us and also an unused sub

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

We’ve been very good, very bad, and everything in between so far this season.  Makes it difficult to call. 

I think we have been good/very good in all but 2 games. Livingston will give us a test that is for sure but i'm excited at the attacking threat we pose this season while a bit worried at the back as we are a look more open Hopefully we won't put in a Motherwell performance which looking at was a really bad day.

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Played 3 games against us and also an unused sub

I think we have been good/very good in all but 2 games. Livingston will give us a test that is for sure but i'm excited at the attacking threat we pose this season while a bit worried at the back as we are a look more open Hopefully we won't put in a Motherwell performance which looking at was a really bad day.

Fair play then, must've been totally anonymous :D I just remember Jack Hamilton having a disasterclass against you as well, just walked about the place.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I was hoping Max Stryjek would have another disasterclass but he's left for Wycombe 

That's the reason we let him walk for no up front fee, too many of those :D Shamal looks a lot better to be fair

Anderson has now been confirmed out for this and Bahamboula is suspended. They'd have been the two players most likely to come into the team were they available so changes might not happen now. A change from the 4-3-2-1 to a 4-2-3-1 could still happen. That'd see Kelly or Shinnie drop out. Mullin or Brandon would come in on the right or Cancar would play left back and Montano would move up to left midfield. Strong chance the 4-3-2-1 will be stuck with, though, because Aberdeen overload the central attacking midfield space. Hayes and Besuijen often drift infield from their flanks to join with Clarkson. Richardson also underlaps inside Besuijen from right back sometimes.

Aberdeen commit their full backs forward during build up. That leaves wide spaces behind them which a direct pass could maybe play Nouble into. First half that might be a useful out-ball as we'll probably be on the back foot for much of it. If we can get to around the hour mark still in the game, I'd fancy us to get at least draw. A poor performance and Aberdeen could already be out of sight by that point, though. Hopefully last week's disappointment had a "kick up the arse" psychological effect and we see greater energy from Livi in this match.  

I think the way Aberdeen play suits Martindale's plan A formation, us swamping the midfield to combat their attack and Nouble getting balls up to him to hit them on the counter, but i'd still like to see Mullin getting a game at some point, think he's ideal for playing off Nouble and he's a decent goal scorer when he gets in on goal. Not convinced Goncalves is up to much yet either and i'd rather go with Mullin over him.

Spoiler

Trying the old slagging off a Livi player so he'll score ploy.

10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

f**k me.

Do you not get the “football parlance”?

Lewis came for it, he was nowhere near it, therefore he was at fault & “threw it in”, ie was at fault.

I dunno, I think I'm on livi's side here. I feel like the goalie has to touch it for a proper "he threw it in"