The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is going to be absolute SCENES. Truss will sack Kwarteng but is too thick to realise he'll almost certainly immediately stab her in the back. She's going to be a lamer duck PM than that cuntress May was. Glorious. 

Considering Kwasimodo took all of a few hours to stab Boris in the back after he appointed him chancellor in his darkest hours.

The guy has no scruples whatsoever.  I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

As a side note, his second name sounds like a bullet ricochetting of a metal sheet.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Stupid question.

Why would she be re- mortgaging if she’s got one for the foreseeable future?

Her inability to answer or understand proves she has no comprehension of her actions. A well crafted question. Or maybe a trap? Either way Truss continually fails to impress.

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Her inability to answer or understand proves she has no comprehension of her actions. A well crafted question. Or maybe a trap? Either way Truss continually fails to impress.

Could they seriously not find anyone for the position of PM who is not a complete fucking idiot?

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Could they seriously not find anyone for the position of PM who is not a complete fucking idiot?

The only Tory MP's who weren't complete and utter idiots saw the writing on the wall and either defected during the Brexit debates, or decided not to bother standing for re-election in 2019. It is literally just careerists whose greed and ambition far outmeasures their ability, the 'burn everything' ideologues, and utter fucking dinosaurs like Chope and Bone who appear to be living in some sort of 'blighty during the blitz' psychosis. 

So no, they couldn't find one because they genuinely don't have one.

11 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The only Tory MP's who weren't complete and utter idiots saw the writing on the wall and either defected during the Brexit debates, or decided not to bother standing for re-election in 2019. It is literally just careerists whose greed and ambition far outmeasures their ability, the 'burn everything' ideologues, and utter fucking dinosaurs like Chope and Bone who appear to be living in some sort of 'blighty during the blitz' psychosis. 

They're actually making Keir Starmer's Labour look like a desirable alternative. Which is some achievement.

11 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

They're actually making Keir Starmer's Labour look like a desirable alternative. Which is some achievement.

Absolutely classic Labour just waiting their turn. 

They only had to wait until the Tories had a leader who could be intellectually outgunned by a toffee crisp. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Absolutely classic Labour just waiting their turn. 

They only had to wait until the Tories had a leader who could intellectually outgunned by a toffee crisp. 

That tends to be what happens in British politics.

Either party gets a shot, then the other one takes over once the wheels come off. Then the cycle begins again.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Dugshite innit?

Yep.

Especially when there is not really much difference ideologically between the two main UK parties. You have the Tories and then you have Tory Light, who do not even bother pretending that they are a left wing party anymore. 

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It raises an interesting point doesn’t it?   I think we’d agree that there are no decent Tories and that all Tories are scumbags but there’s different levels of scumbaggery.

The free market ideologues are undoubtedly the worst.  Blinkered to everything by their arrogance including the fact that trying to bulldoze policies through have a limit.

Truss and Kwarteng might have had more success if they’d adopted a more gradual approach but their too stupid to realise it.

Don’t write off Truss’s Tories just yet. Footage from their party conference indicates they’ve got the zombie vote in the bag. Bub from Day of the Dead has moved from being able to fire a gun to being able to put an “X” next to his local Tory candidate.

9835D469-F7D6-4300-96CD-C03457B7BD02.jpeg

70E32F60-A27B-4C82-93C1-2B320D6DCE54.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It raises an interesting point doesn’t it?   I think we’d agree that there are no decent Tories and that all Tories are scumbags but there’s different levels of scumbaggery.

The free market ideologues are undoubtedly the worst.  Blinkered to everything by their arrogance including the fact that trying to bulldoze policies through have a limit.

Truss and Kwarteng might have had more success if they’d adopted a more gradual approach but their too stupid to realise it.

For me the difference comes down to one simple thing. You can be a Tory who genuinely believes in right of centre politics, and although I don't agree with them, if they are fundamentally honest and understand the covenant between electorate and government, and at least make a pretence of trying to govern for all in a manner that they believe is best for all, then once they are democratically elected I regard that as fair enough and can respect them for honestly going about their business.

If you couldn't give a flying f**k about governing for the entirety of the electorate, are willing to completely trample all over the covenant between electorate and government, are happy to reduce politics to an absolute sewer for no other reason than facilitating policy that enriches you and your mates, and you have a complete disregard and contempt for consequences when you are caught red-handed indulging in corruption and cronyism, then your political party is neither here nor there really. 

As I said, the only Tories who I would put in the first group recognised exactly where the ERG, the ideologues on the right, and the swivel-eyed troughers were determined to drag the party, wanted no part of the Trumpian approach of 'if there's enough of us, everyone who isn't us can just f**k off', and got out with some dignity intact before it went completely to shit. I said at the time that the only reason May got anywhere near the PM job is because the job itself, and the immediate political future, were shaping up to be such a poisoned chalice that only someone completely stupid, corrupt, or so completely mediocre that they would never ever get close to it again, would even consider taking the job. That has led to a situation where the governing party, their politics, and the nature of government in the UK has become such a runaway train of corruption, sleaze, dishonesty, and thievery, that only fundamentally dishonest individuals would continue to associate with it. Hence why the parliamentary Tory party has become what it is.

We had fundamentally weak and poor PM's taking their one chance at the job, which inevitably resulted in them being manipulated and bullied by the criminal element of their own parliamentary party, hence why we are in a situation where the criminals now have complete control of the government and are running the UK entirely for their own benefit and with no fear of the consequences.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Reminds me, what happened to Rory Stewart? Don't get me wrong, he's still a Tory c**t but at least he came across as being human despite not looking like one. Last Tory I can think of who didn't make me want to commit murder

Just now, MuckleMoo said:
1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Reminds me, what happened to Rory Stewart? Don't get me wrong, he's still a Tory c**t but at least he came across as being human despite not looking like one. Last Tory I can think of who didn't make me want to commit murder

Pops up all the time on social media making critical comments about the government, but seems to be biding his time and not really doing anything. Probably so he can attack Starmer's 2024 government from the left and look credible.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Rory Stewart, a guy who looks like an experiment that’s gone wrong, would still inflict misery if he had power and influence.  “Baroness” Warsi is another who falls into the same camp, almost apologetic for being a Tory but a Tory nonetheless.