The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

6 minutes ago, Delicate Flower said:

Disagree in the strongest terms possible. 

Not sure what you disagree on.  It is about party discipline.  A party is more effective if it works collectively.  If every member acts like an individual on everything then the party as a whole is less effective.

You and I might not like it but I can't see how it wpuld work otherwise.

Obviously on some issues personal conscience will be allowed but not all.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

"Another ugly woman" was the phrase you used.

And you're surprised at getting called out?

You were so quick in your attempt to become a white knight of the woke table you start to make stuff up? Well done, you discredit yourself.

You were so quick in your attempt to become a white knight of the woke table you start to make stuff up? Well done, you discredit yourself.

I apologise to P&B for getting the phrase wrong - what you said was worse.

What you actually said was:

'one less ugly cow on the telly"

Quite clearly you are a misogynistic c**t of the first degree.

Not surprising given your previous comments regards women.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And yet, in terms of policy, not remotely close to the group you're claiming they're virtually identical to.

It's a stance that tolerates little scrutiny.  The fact that you apparently dislike both parties equally, does not render them the same as each other.

Brexit, Scottish independence referenda, not much difference between them on immigration, both parties believe in the free market running riot, both parties wrap themselves in the Union flag and both parties don't believe in the betterment of the poorest people in the nation. As long as they win seats, everything is fine.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How so?

The parties hardly played identical parts in bringing it about.

I think you know fine what I mean.  Were there to be another referendum tomorrow there would be considerable buyers regret, and a different outcome.

But Starmer's Labour party is so spooked by the scarecrow sector of the electorate that rather than confront the unfolding lunacy of Brexit, he has not just screwed down the lid on the subject, he's fucking welded it.

Or have I got that wrong ?

33 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

All of them.

A MP is elected to represent their party and not just themselves. 

If MPs were allowed freedom of conscience on everything you would have no way of predicting how a vote would go on anything, even if the party has a manifesto saying what they plan to do.  It simply would not work.

You misunderstood my interpretation of the word 'whips'.

I watched some stuff with the kids for 2 and a half hours. 

I missed 7 pages of this thread, Steve Baker being called a c**t, chief whip and deputy quitting then, possibly, doing a George Costanza and coming back, @doulikefish being made home Secretary and sacked, @red23 doubling down on his awful comment...

Imagine if we had had chaos! 

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think you know fine what I mean.  Were there to be another referendum tomorrow there would be considerable buyers regret, and a different outcome.

But Starmer's Labour party is so spooked by the scarecrow sector of the electorate that rather than confront the unfolding lunacy of Brexit, he has not just screwed down the lid on the subject, he's fucking welded it.

Or have I got that wrong ?

Nah you've got it largely right, although I don't share your absolute confidence regarding the outcome of another European referendum staged tomorrow.

Starmer's approach is frustrating, but understandable.  

It doesn't amount to saying his party is in the same place, on the issue, as the nuttiest elements of the Tory right though.