The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As far as Truss is concerned I'm hearing from a reliable source that alcohol may be a problem.

I personally don't like mentioning this as many Scottish families, including my own, have had alcohol difficulties, but it may explain the erratic and impulsive behaviour.

0C7A4388-060D-40CB-B366-94AEDCA6EDB9.gif.a68cdc2ebbbdc76293bd1492a2a79181.gif

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As far as Truss is concerned I'm hearing from a reliable source that alcohol may be a problem.

I personally don't like mentioning this as many Scottish families, including my own, have had alcohol difficulties, but it may explain the erratic and impulsive behaviour.

This could be true.  Every time I realise she’s the Prime Minister I want to get pissed.

11 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Is it really bolstering an Independence agenda if this govt continues? Given that, after Brexit, partygate, the farce that was Johnson's term in office, the appointment of Truss, her crashing the economy, that support for Independence 'still' hovers around 50% on a good day, what is going to change now? At best, there has been a shift of around 4-5% towards Yes, and if a Ref were held next year, would still be too close to call either way.

It reminds Scotland about what the Tories are. A Labour government would probably swing on the fence NO/ YES voters to swing back to NO. And that would set us back generations.

Regards the present polling on a referenda vote, it is surely proper to remember the position of the polls pre 2014 vote and how the gap closed.

In my opinion, 2 things changed that. 1) Currency confusion. (Yes camp didn't have a cohesive argument). I now believe they have a better thought out step by step transition of a Scottish currency.2) The pledge. Pushed largely by Gordon Brown. Totally trampled on and  Scots lied to. They won't believe such a promise again.

32 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Does the current govt have a democratic right not to call an election for another 2 years, when they change leader again in the next few weeks/months?

Odd phrasing. Should they cling on until January 2025, no they absolutely fucking shouldn't. 

Can they? Yes, they absolutely can and that's largely because the clowns you cheerlead gifted them an enormous majority and that the UK, who you also like to get the pom-poms out for is a tinpot nonsense pretendy sort of a democracy that shares an electoral system with Belarus. 

28 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Is it really bolstering an Independence agenda if this govt continues? Given that, after Brexit, partygate, the farce that was Johnson's term in office, the appointment of Truss, her crashing the economy, that support for Independence 'still' hovers around 50% on a good day, what is going to change now? At best, there has been a shift of around 4-5% towards Yes, and if a Ref were held next year, would still be too close to call either way.

Id guess that it would change more towards Yes if there seemed to be more movement and energy in pushing indy2 now. However that is done. Pushing for an early GE and SNP get the required 50% is it? then the weight for an indy2 becomes huge and momentum builds. The best thing now I think is a GE as that could be quickest route to an indy2. 

Edited by BigDoddyKane

7 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Id guess that it would change more towards Yes if there seemed to be more movement and energy in pushing indy2 now. However that is done. Pushing for an early GE and SNP get the required 50% is it? then the weight for an indy2 becomes huge and momentum builds. The best thing now I think is a GE as that could be quickest route to an indy2. 

My worry about having a GE soon is that I feel quite a few traditional Labour voters in Scotland will switch back in order to get the Tories out. Their vote won’t make one iota of a difference of course but I could definitely see the SNP vote/seats go down and Labour pick up. This’ll just add to the anti Indy rhetoric from the media and opposition parties “disastrous night for the nats”, “a huge blow for indy” etc etc.

19 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

My worry about having a GE soon is that I feel quite a few traditional Labour voters in Scotland will switch back in order to get the Tories out. Their vote won’t make one iota of a difference of course but I could definitely see the SNP vote/seats go down and Labour pick up. This’ll just add to the anti Indy rhetoric from the media and opposition parties “disastrous night for the nats”, “a huge blow for indy” etc etc.

Its a possibility but thats up to the SNP to campaign well enough and with this tory government in absolute unprecedented chaos surely they can do that. 

If the supreme court decision is no which is likely is it? What is the feeling on that? No seems whats expected anyway.

If tories cling on till 2024 then you are looking at an election that lablur voters in uk still might decide to vote labour. You may have Rishi Sunak come in and bring some stability to Tories and labour voters in Scotland could feel its even more needed they vote labour. Then whoever wins how long before an indy2 is granted, 1 year, 2 years 10 years?

Its a simple analogy but when we see the Tories and the whole UK establishment in complete chaos and on the ropes, is it going to be something thats regretted later if we dont go in for the knockout now. The times we are in now at this moment are unique, the SNP needs to think on its feet. 

Edited by BigDoddyKane

The SNP will not want a GE in the near future. Different reasons....it would take place before the Supreme Court decision was known. As suggested, there would be a significant upswing in Labour votes in Scotland, due to the prospect of a Lab govt. Result could end up in a (near future GE) something like the SNP on 35-40 seats, Labour on 12-14, Lib Dems 4 or 5, and the Tories probably 0. Current polling suggests that Labour would win pretty much every seat in Glasgow for instance.

Does that give the SNP a mandate to negotiate Independence, as they have still won the most number of seats? (they wouldn't get anywhere near 50% of the vote).

So, that could be the outcome of a GE in the next few months.

Alternative for them, (if the Supreme Court says no), is hope that the Tories hold out for another 2 years, enter the 2024 GE with a single policy, and take their chances.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

The irony of that would be incredible.  As the latest inept incumbent of the highest political office in the land and leader of a party of b*****ds whose policies in the last decade and more has driven hundreds of thousands of UK citizens to suicide, drink and drug abuse and a state of penury that would be quite the 'feeling the peoples' pain' gesture.

But I'm not a vengeful sort and I hope that if true she seeks or is given immediate help in tandem with a swift removal from office.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Don't see current polls saying that the SNP would sweep the board of pretty much 59/59 at the moment.

You're extrapolating national polls to claim that Labour would win every seat in Glasgow, that's clearly nonsense.