Eligible can play Scotland

Craigieboy86

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately for the narrative you want to spin, it's not about ganging up or bullying you. I, and i daresay most folk on here, don't have a scooby who you are nor do we care.

The advocating of ripping up the agreement between the four FAs is ultimately dangerous and its existence is the main reason why UEFA and FIFA still recognise and allow four home nations to operate individually instead of as a UK FA.

Removal or circumventing this agreement would in the governing body's eyes, essentially end the whole argument for us being separate footballing nations. Exploiting a loophole to bring in second generation Windrush settlers to the fold is such a shite idea when you think of the potential consequences. People of Caribbean ethnicity who were brought up in England should have the straight choice between the nation of their heritage and the nation of their birth and/or upbringing, which with the windrush generation and their descendants, is usually England.

In 20, 30, 40 years from now, Scotland will see first and second generation children of immigrant parents coming through youth systems with much more regularity. Young players who will identify as Scottish and rightly so given they will have spent most or all of their lives here. Unless something drastic chamges between now and then, I don't think that England jeopardise the gentlemans agreement that keeps UEFA and FIFA from the door to swoop in and claim these players because they were originally UK immigrants that happened to settle and call north of the border, home.

Fario Islands managed to play and are still under jurisdiction off Denmark so not really sure the validity off your argument they got a team and Denmark gotva team 

9 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Fario Islands managed to play and are still under jurisdiction off Denmark so not really sure the validity off your argument they got a team and Denmark gotva team 

Of which there is zero crossover at all. Less even than already exists between the home nations, in fact.

Everyone in the Faroes national side is Faroese born. There are no naturalised Danes or mainlanders who technically are eligible whatsoever. Thanks for picking out this example to reinforce the point I was making to you. To back your own rather silly point up, you've picked two countries that more or less have a similar situation in place to allow them to operate as independent FAs and who stick to whatever guidelines they were set out pretty perfectly and have done since Faroes were granted membership in early 90s.

I'm pretty sure FIFA and UEFA would also be quick to amend that if they ever decided to circumvent or try and play funny buggers with any rules in place.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Of which there is zero crossover at all. Less even than already exists between the home nations, in fact.

Everyone in the Faroes national side is Faroese born. There are no naturalised Danes or mainlanders who technically are eligible whatsoever. Thanks for picking out this example to reinforce the point I was making to you. To back your own rather silly point up, you've picked two countries that more or less have a similar situation in place to allow them to operate as independent FAs and who stick to whatever guidelines they were set out pretty perfectly and have done since Faroes were granted membership in early 90s.

I'm pretty sure FIFA and UEFA would also be quick to amend that if they ever decided to circumvent or try and play funny buggers with any rules in place.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Radosavljevic

Turns out your wrong about that as well you never took my pointbon board about research did you?All born on the island really?

5 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Radosavljevic

Turns out your wrong about that as well you never took my pointbon board about research did you?All born on the island really?

He's Serbian born - feel free to point out any Danish/Faroese crossover there which was the entire point you were making and I was refuting.

If that is your smoking gun in this entire debate then more fool me for coming back and trying to argue some sense into you. You cry about how people have a go at you and bully you and yet despite having perilously little going on between your ears, are bizarrely intent on being a condescending w**k to folk whilst trying to make your garbled, nonsensical point.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's Serbian born - feel free to point out any Danish/Faroese crossover there which was the entire point you were making and I was refuting.

In fairness you said "Everyone in the Faroes national side is Faroese born"

Also a couple of pages ago you were finished talking about it. As someone who has made this mistake a few times just use the ignore function and let it go.

Just now, Bing.McCrosby said:

In fairness you said "Everyone in the Faroes national side is Faroese born"

Also a couple of pages ago you were finished talking about it. As someone who has made this mistake a few times just use the ignore function and let it go.

I was clearly talking about there being no crossover between Denmark and Faroes which he'd framed as a good like for like debate in the first place -a single line about a single player not relating to the point he was initially making seems to be the smoking gun for him.

And yeah, as I said, more fool me for trying to talk rationale into someone who is clearly a fucking simpleton.

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately for the narrative you want to spin, it's not about ganging up or bullying you. I, and i daresay most folk on here, don't have a scooby who you are nor do we care.

The advocating of ripping up the agreement between the four FAs is ultimately dangerous and its existence is the main reason why UEFA and FIFA still recognise and allow four home nations to operate individually instead of as a UK FA.

Removal or circumventing this agreement would in the governing body's eyes, essentially end the whole argument for us being separate footballing nations. Exploiting a loophole to bring in second generation Windrush settlers to the fold is such a shite idea when you think of the potential consequences. People of Caribbean ethnicity who were brought up in England should have the straight choice between the nation of their heritage and the nation of their birth and/or upbringing, which with the windrush generation and their descendants, is usually England.

In 20, 30, 40 years from now, Scotland will see first and second generation children of immigrant parents coming through youth systems with much more regularity. Young players who will identify as Scottish and rightly so given they will have spent most or all of their lives here. Unless something drastic chamges between now and then, I don't think that England jeopardise the gentlemans agreement that keeps UEFA and FIFA from the door to swoop in and claim these players because they were originally UK immigrants that happened to settle and call north of the border, home.

The "gentleman's agreement" isn't just some wee thing that we choose to adhere to anyway - it's literally part of FIFA's eligibility criteria. We couldn't just decide to ignore it.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Especially when the vast majority of the potential players named are bang average, wouldn't improve our team, and are the kind of guys who'd have played about four games for us then dissapeared in the Gordon Strachan era.

Okay since the posts have been delated I'm gonna play a luttle game with you name the players that I actually mentioned bet you canny?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The "gentleman's agreement" isn't just some wee thing that we choose to adhere to anyway - it's literally part of FIFA's eligibility criteria. We couldn't just decide to ignore it.

We can rip it up cos when it started capping people who went to school here it wasn't about bloodline anymore and there unfit for purpose

Why woukd SFA tell us the truth anyway about anything?All the want todo is continue there wee junkits

Roxburgh knows the truth though McBeath even had to apologise to Warner go do a wee bit off research boys please

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

We can rip it up cos when it started capping people who went to school here it wasn't about bloodline anymore and there unfit for purpose

Why woukd SFA tell us the truth anyway about anything?All the want todo is continue there wee junkits

Roxburgh knows the truth though McBeath even had to apologise to Warner go do a wee bit off research boys please

Thanks for enlightening me on this, I will go on your word and not the FIFA statutes from now on. When we start getting awarded 3-0 defeats in every game for picking a Crystal Palace midfielder born in Barnet with Grenadan grandparents, Ian Maxwell can simply sent you to the FIFA disciplinary hearing.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Thanks for enlightening me on this, I will go on your word and not the FIFA statutes from now on. When we start getting awarded 3-0 defeats in every game for picking a Crystal Palace midfielder born in Barnet with Grenadan grandparents, Ian Maxwell can simply sent you to the FIFA disciplinary hearing.

We don't play international every week and we could call them up if we weren't hog tied with thete silly archaic rules why should the rules be any difference to the rugby?