WOSFL Relegation Each Season - Could Be 2 to 8

Looking at last year's relegation, we all didn't know who was finally relegated until the final whistle of the playoff with the Premier division, 21/22, losing 7 teams while the EOSFL lost 4 which could have been five with the playoff result going the other way.
This season, depending on Lowland league teams who get relegated and their league to drop down, we don't know exactly how many will be relegated from each division this season again and if it continues it will be the same each year.
This seasons in the WOSFL

Premier could be                   2 to 5 teams relegated
1st Division could be              2 to 5 teams relegated
2nd Division could be           2 to 5 teams relegated
3rd Division could be            5 to 8 teams relegated.

Personally, I like it, it leaves the suspense and excitement right to the last kick of the ball and I'm sure Benburb and Lothian Thiste will concur with that from their experience last season. 
So with all the possibilities on relegation, what's your thoughts on it, would you rather it be like this or have it at straight 3 relegated constantly?

This season is looking like last season, in that no one threatened with relegation from the Lowland League looks likely to go to the WoSFL. That takes some of the extremes out of it.

At which point there's a difference in mentality going into the LL Playoffs.

It won't be if the WoS Premier fails to win promotion = extra relegation. As bottom 3 are expected to go down from the start of the season.

Now the mentality is if the WoS wins promotion it saves a club in each division from relegation.

I and many of you are on the same boat regarding the pyramid but the problems with the SPFL2 and the LL HL promotion relegation have absolutely nothing to do with this post.
Due to the way the Pyramid is working in its current form, one of the good things, I think, to come out of it, is the excitement till the end of who is relegated as you do not know if its 2 or 5 or 8 teams going down. It's very exciting and teams cannot rest easy until its mathematically that they are safe in case the playoffs above them go the wrong way.  Do you like this idea or just the straight forward 3 up 3 down ?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 02/10/2022 at 12:22, archieb said:

Variable relegation numbers are one natural consequence of the pyramid system.

The only alternative is to have flexible boundaries.

There's a third option which is to allow the tier 6 divisions to temporarily vary in size in the event of a net gain/loss. For example, the rule could be that if the WoSFL loses a club on net, then it's still three down from the Premier Division and next season it simply runs with 15 clubs. Then the following season the Premier Division could be restored to 16 clubs by only relegating two in each division. This way every club would know exactly where they have to finish in order to stay up.

The Highland League does something similar to this in the sense that they have no mechanism to adjust the number of relegations in the event of a net gain/loss. The league would simply play with 17 or 19 clubs in subsequent seasons. The EoSFL would also allow its Premier Division to grow to 18 clubs in the event of a net gain of two clubs.

I'm not saying the WoSFL should do this. But it's an option.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

Which of the SPFL2 clubs would come down to the Lowland League - do they nominate the League at the start of the season the same way the Lowland League clubs nominate West, East, South? (My geography is useless).

Anything north of the Tay Bridge is "the line". 

Letham and Tayport both play in a "north" league while being below the line. Luncarty are about 50 yards north of the line but play in a "south" league. Harthill were the other annomoly although they only border East and West so are obviously a Lowland team.

The SFL teams are pretty self explanatory, Gretna and Dalbeattie have a question mark over them. Apparently they both will go to the SoS league if relegated but I'm still to be convinced that this is what will happen, my suspicion is that they will end up choosing to join the WoS league which will be interesting when trying to get them into the Premier Division of the WoS as they currently are associated with SoS (or EoS in Gretna's case

Currently SPFL2 has Elgin & Forfar for the Highland. 

The remaining 8 I imagine if relegated to the Lowland would then be split geographically. Stranraer & Annan for the South. Although by the time anything like that came to pass their might changes. 

That aside it'd just be Albion Rovers & Dumbarton for the WoSFL. Everyone else to the East.