Elgin City v Forfar Athletic 15/10/2022

3 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

A poor, poor game from both teams with a goal conceded by Elgin in the first minute due to schoolboy defending. No idea about the sending off but as it was in front of the far side linesman, it must have been on his recommendation. The only booking that imo was deserved was Forfar's keeper due to his constant time wasting from the second minute onwards, just surprised how long it took for him to get it.

Things I picked up yesterday: McHardy is not a midfielder (always gives 100% tho), Antoniazzi is a poor man's Dingwall, Anderson has a phobia about playing a forward pass and Cairns isn't a RB.

It's in the past now, we can only go forward.

Draper should've been sent off for the challenge on hutton. 

But aye, the time-wasting was the only worthy yellow... 

10 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

A poor, poor game from both teams with a goal conceded by Elgin in the first minute due to schoolboy defending. No idea about the sending off but as it was in front of the far side linesman, it must have been on his recommendation. The only booking that imo was deserved was Forfar's keeper due to his constant time wasting from the second minute onwards, just surprised how long it took for him to get it.

Things I picked up yesterday: McHardy is not a midfielder (always gives 100% tho), Antoniazzi is a poor man's Dingwall, Anderson has a phobia about playing a forward pass and Cairns isn't a RB.

It's in the past now, we can only go forward.

Cairns has played right back all his career. He was better than the alternatives they tried when he went off. Antoniazzi is a different type of player to Dingwall. Agreed he wasn’t great when he came on yesterday but least he played with his head up and managed a pass or two that reached his own teammates!

Really poor performance yesterday. The subs were unusual and some of the positional switches really bizarre I thought. I agree with the Antoniazzi-Dingwall comparison from Gordon, if it's Tony Dingwall he's talking about. Thought he showed a bit more yesterday than previous games but not sure he's justified the fee we paid for him so far.

5 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Really poor performance yesterday. The subs were unusual and some of the positional switches really bizarre I thought. I agree with the Antoniazzi-Dingwall comparison from Gordon, if it's Tony Dingwall he's talking about. Thought he showed a bit more yesterday than previous games but not sure he's justified the fee we paid for him so far.

Hold on, Elgin paid a FEE for Antoniazzi?

Thats... something.

Right. Let's get this sending off sorted out once and for all. I was about three yards from the event and saw everything. Armour was not pleased with the linesman, lost his head, and pushed the man hard in the chest with both hands, to the point where he staggered back with the force of it. The ref was pretty much on the spot and had no option but to send Armour off for  assaulting an official. It was a straight red, no argument. The fuss was a bit unnecessary, and had it not been for the Elgin keeper doing a good job in keeping things sensible, McCluskey could well have joined Armour.  The ref did not have a brilliant game, but I'm afraid he was spot on with the red card.

Right. Let's get this sending off sorted out once and for all. I was about three yards from the event and saw everything. Armour was not pleased with the linesman, lost his head, and pushed the man hard in the chest with both hands, to the point where he staggered back with the force of it. The ref was pretty much on the spot and had no option but to send Armour off for  assaulting an official. It was a straight red, no argument. The fuss was a bit unnecessary, and had it not been for the Elgin keeper doing a good job in keeping things sensible, McCluskey could well have joined Armour.  The ref did not have a brilliant game, but I'm afraid he was spot on with the red card.
At least a 3 game ban for violent conduct I believe? May potentially be more if they decide to throw the book at him for assaulting an official

43 minutes ago, dipsy said:

You are joking surely? That is not what happened. Considering the majority of Forfar fans were within the same distance and were all outraged at the sending off, you are on your own with that claim.

48 minutes ago, dipsy said:

Utter drivel. 

42 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
53 minutes ago, dipsy said:

At least a 3 game ban for violent conduct I believe? May potentially be more if they decide to throw the book at him for assaulting an official

He didn't assault an official at all, he was shoved into him by the Elgin left back, hence why all Forfar players were so angry at the decision.

On 16/10/2022 at 16:20, afca32 said:

Saw this and did a double take…Tony Dingwall, eh? And now he’s with Brora…how he’s fallen. It was only three years ago he was making a run at being an every game starter in League One, and was showing flashes of genius with some of his passes. Solid lad, why did he leave you lot?

52 minutes ago, C_titz said:

turns out there are highlights. That looks like a shambles of a decision for the sending off 

Looks like some people’s version of events aren’t exactly what they claimed despite ‘being three yards away’ then…