Alloa v Airdrie (if we have 11 fit players)

No match thread that I could see which probably sums up the hope and expectation levels of the the away support. 

Whats the hopes from everyone for tomorrow then??

Would want a win, would take a draw but expecting a defeat probably sums up my feelings fairly quickly (ever the optimist) 

For us there’s no real worry that we wont at least create a few chances but we all pray the defence can look more solid than it has done in recent weeks  

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Fully believed it would be a 3 team title race with us and Falkirk after that game but Airdrie will need a pretty swift turnaround.

There will be nothing swift about us while we persist with the sloth Telfer.

Edited by Mybitchunderprotest
Error

23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I've gone for a one all but if our defensive guys match the Alloa midfield, then we could sneak a win 

That draw helps us stay in touch but I fear we'll be in a tussle for fourth this season 

The fear is strong in this one now.

I'll give Alloa credit for moving the ball quickly and being a stubborn outfit all over the park. It looked like one goal would win it at halftime, so despite that worldy by Mciver, I got that feeling spot on.

The difference between John Robertson and the Alloa midfield and our inexperienced young guys became really clear in second half. I can't recall Telfer actually passing to our players and that midfield combination will take us nowhere but down . How we miss Frizzel is Clear. When we did have a good spell when one down, our shooting was dire. 

The switch to a back three was bold but it always ended in poor crosses and no way to breakdown that Alloa team 

Really worried now 

Just now, Chapelhall chap said:

The fear is strong in this one now.

I'll give Alloa credit for moving the ball quickly and being a stubborn outfit all over the park. It looked like one goal would win it at halftime, so despite that worldy by Mciver, I got that feeling spot on.

The difference between John Robertson and the Alloa midfield and our inexperienced young guys became really clear in second half. I can't recall Telfer actually passing to our players and that midfield combination will take us nowhere but down . How we miss Frizzel is Clear. When we did have a good spell when one down, our shooting was dire. 

The switch to a back three was bold but it always ended in poor crosses and no way to breakdown that Alloa team 

Really worried now 

I also thought someone like Robertson would make a massive difference to us. An experienced midfielder who does the simple thing well, knows where to be and keeps things moving. 

Really good win today. Players who came in all did well.

Eyebrows were raised with Kev starting at right full back in a four and Taggs beside Devine, but both the Wee Man and Taggs were excellent. Indeed no failures today. In particular I thought Murray Miller had his best game in an Alloa shirt on the right of midfield.

Two cracking goals, which should help both Donnelly's and McIver's confidence - always a positive for strikers in particular. Ross's goal was as good a strike as I can remember at the Indodrill for a while.

It was good to see Craig Howie back again. He'll be pushing for a starting place now.

My eyebrows were raised with that starting team! And I thought another raft of changes actually helped hand the initiative to Airdrie in the first half, a first half that was a really poor 45 minutes of football. Getting ahead was crucial and it was a beautiful cross from Kev and great flick header from Donnelly. We were better as it went on and MacIver's strike was fantastic. It was a hard earned and very welcome 3 points. 

Was great to see Howie back and hopefully he can go back in at CB and free up Taggart for the right and get Kev further up. Again plenty evidence today that there is potentially a very capable team there if we can settle on a consistent shape. 

Edited by Waspie

Credit to Alloa for getting the win but I thought that looked two distinctly mid table teams, possibly 6th and 7th if that form carries on. We missed Frizzel badly and as I said on the Airdrie thread Telfer and Taylor Sinclair I thought jst slowed everything down. We needed to be lucky with injuries and suspensions with such a small squad and we havent been, think we're seeing the consequences of that today.