The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

How long do we give it before Braverman is talking about rivers of blood at the despatch box? Im fully aware that im invoking Godwins law here.  
Its quite chilling to see the comparison between the rhetoric used by the tories over the last ten years ‘swarms’ ‘invasion’ etc and that used by the Nazis. 
We’re about to get into full blown poppy fest time and it seems to me like the guys who fought and died in ww2 against fascism have seen their sacrifice undone. Fucking shame on the government of the UK for electing these monsters. Theyve trashed their trade, economy, left whole sectors short staffed, caused an immigration and humanitarian crisis all because of their English exceptionalist xenophobia. Its not just the white guys with knuckle tattoos, its not ethnic nationalism its become something more in line with the modern day, but its the same thing in essence. 

Roger Gale, Tory MP, on Cruella Braverman:

Her language yesterday, I’m afraid, suggested that she is only really interested in playing the right wing.

The fact of the matter is that, of course, I’m also defending my constituents’ interest because the facility at Manston was designed to turn people around in 24 hours, maximum 48 hours, and move them on, it’s a processing centre, not a refugee camp.

I was given a clear undertaking by Priti Patel as home secretary and by the minister of state that that is what would happen and that there would be no expansion of the facility.

Over the last few days, we have seen an almost doubling of the size of the number of people in Manston and a massive building of further accommodation, and that is not acceptable.

It’s in breach of the undertakings that I was given and I’m not prepared to accept it. I don’t accept or trust this home secretary’s work.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hancock has the whip removed as a result of him signing up for the new series of I'm a Celebrity emoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji28.png
The Tories, the g®ift that keeps on giving.

Pete Wishart (SNP) said this:

It speaks volumes that Matt Hancock would rather be stranded in a remote jungle eating kangaroo testicles than spend a moment longer on the Tory benches at Westminster, as Rishi Sunak’s government lurches from one crisis to another.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

How long do we give it before Braverman is talking about rivers of blood at the despatch box? Im fully aware that im invoking Godwins law here.  
Its quite chilling to see the comparison between the rhetoric used by the tories over the last ten years ‘swarms’ ‘invasion’ etc and that used by the Nazis. 
We’re about to get into full blown poppy fest time and it seems to me like the guys who fought and died in ww2 against fascism have seen their sacrifice undone. Fucking shame on the government of the UK for electing these monsters. Theyve trashed their trade, economy, left whole sectors short staffed, caused an immigration and humanitarian crisis all because of their English exceptionalist xenophobia. Its not just the white guys with knuckle tattoos, its not ethnic nationalism its become something more in line with the modern day, but its the same thing in essence. 

The mother fuckers have been externaliaing the effects of their own policy f**k ups from day one.

Continually pushing the line that we're full, that rather than austerity, migration-people not from here but working and paying taxes, were responsible for the disasters they've foisted on public services directly led to brexit and the murder of Jo Cox. 

Unspeakable b*****ds that they are. I do hate the Godwins Law stuff. It's usually used to beat down genuine criticism and warnings from history.

Would be appropriate as the very last veterans of ww2 shuffle off and buy the farm, for us to forget how this came about and leave ourselves wide open to the next global abomination. 

I reckon Braverman doesn't quite get that "The immigration system is broken" isn't quite the vote winner she thinks it is, when the Tories have been in power for 12 years.

We are at the New Labour endgame stage of ~2010. Every issue that is raised is met with "You've been in power for years. Why haven't you fixed this before?" And it is almost impossible to answer.

32 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I reckon Braverman doesn't quite get that "The immigration system is broken" isn't quite the vote winner she thinks it is, when the Tories have been in power for 12 years.

We are at the New Labour endgame stage of ~2010. Every issue that is raised is met with "You've been in power for years. Why haven't you fixed this before?" And it is almost impossible to answer.

Yeah, but Cons +4.

I don’t want to keep banging on about Independence but it’s really difficult not to, when you compare our (very popular ) FMs comments on immigration to what we hear from the government & to a very slightly lesser extent the opposition. The are chasing a completely different electorate from here in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Maybe she is arguing that the rest of the world needs to sort itself out.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

"Rivers of Blood" relates to a speech by Enoch Powell.  I can remember a time when he and his ilk were regarded as full on bonkers.  He may have been a good debater (even arguing that the Falklands War was necessary even if nobody lived there) but you were certainly regarded as a nutcase if you agreed with him on anything. 

Changed Days.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

"Rivers of Blood" relates to a speech by Enoch Powell.  I can remember a time when he and his ilk were regarded as full on bonkers.  He may have been a good debater (even arguing that the Falklands War was necessary even if nobody lived there) but you were certainly regarded as a nutcase if you agreed with him on anything. 

Changed Days.

I know who Powell was. He embodied the point im making though, he is no different to Braverman and the other xenophobic neo far right. 

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know who Powell was. He embodied the point im making though, he is no different to Braverman and the other xenophobic neo far right. 

She’s worse. He had the excuse of being from an age in which accepted bigotry was still a major force to be reckoned with - he could recall imperialism against the “inferiors” being normal, and it was those fighting for equality who were the insurgents.

His modern day heirs, like Braverman, have looked around at a society which has made massive strides in equality and thought, “Nope - this is not for me. Xenophobia and bigotry should never have been fought against in the way they have.”

13 minutes ago, Antlion said:

She’s worse. He had the excuse of being from an age in which accepted bigotry was still a major force to be reckoned with - he could recall imperialism against the “inferiors” being normal, and it was those fighting for equality who were the insurgents.

His modern day heirs, like Braverman, have looked around at a society which has made massive strides in equality and thought, “Nope - this is not for me. Xenophobia and bigotry should never have been fought against in the way they have.”

Some of these b*****ds, don't believe it. Cynical fucks like Johnson happily pushed the buttons of racists and used the language but there's no conviction there. Just a cynical calculation that he'll get the votes. 

It's this next generation of Badenhochs and Bravermans who appear to he idealogues and those who follow, who'll committ the crimes people will talk about and be taught in school for generations.

Bawjaws and others laid the ground for this shite and they will be no less culpable when it happens. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's announcement...

'It is clear that these problems arise from Manston not being designed for long-term guests, and that as such the hygiene facilities are not up to scratch. I can however guarantee that with the help and co-operation of the residents, those new shower blocks will be up and running in no time.'

Never thought I'd find myself saying this about a British government, but right now I really do wonder how far they are prepared to go.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I am sure you do.  My understanding of Godwin's law relates to Hitler.  That is all I meant.

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

Yes.  In the same way some people would say "Elvis ain't dead", he was saying much the same thing about the British Empire. The Major from Fawlty Towers was probably based on him.

The big difference is that he was instantly recognised as unhinged, whereas Braverman is actually listened to.  Hopefully she will self-destruct fairly soon.

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

On behalf of America - we're trying, but arseholes punting the same shite as her seem determined to make a c**t of it. 

You’re fooling yourself, m8. The only thing ‘Murica is currently trying is to outdo the Jim Crow Era with a Supreme Court firmly in the 1880-1920 era. There’s hope the ancient f**kers will die before they can destroy the country, but even with dropping life expectancy, the b*****ds vote at a very high rate!

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You’re fooling yourself, m8. The only thing ‘Murica is currently trying is to outdo the Jim Crow Era with a Supreme Court firmly in the 1880-1920 era. There’s hope the ancient f**kers will die before they can destroy the country, but even with dropping life expectancy, the b*****ds vote at a very high rate!

He lives in Chicago.  You live in Texas.

Different planets.