Welcome to Wrexham TV Series on FX

TxRover

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Ref calls a foul on Mullin for the goal if he didn’t get so much wrong in the first half imo.

Yeah he's been really poor. 

Still waiting for this Langstaff boy who's scored about 50 goals to actually touch the ball. 

25 minutes ago, Michael W said:

1-1 now unfortunately. 

Absolutely no-one would give a shit about Wrexham had it been some faceless millionaire from Abu Dhabi that bought them instead of two Hollywood actors.  

While that’s true enough, it’s also a bit misleading in that nearly all football is a millionaires/billionaires game now. The era of fan ownership being truly viable has likely gone to the wayside. Yes, there  are still a few teams owned by fans or consortiums of moderately wealthy people, but that’s not the way the wind is blowing.

Assuming the interest isn’t just acted to make the TV series more interesting, those two in charge of Wrexham are represented as not far off the kind of owners we’d all like. I hope, for the fans of Wrexham, that it’s not a front. I do think it’s an interesting experiment/experience within the pyramid system.

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I enjoyed the first series. I like Ryan Reynolds and Rob McIlhenny but I cannot tolerate that wee rat-faced supporter who fucked off to the pub because he was too nervous during their biggest game last season. He comes across as an absolute tosspot.

I can’t remember , was that the wee gobshite in the stone island gear whose wife had left him? If so, agree he was a fanny that thought he was a better fan than everyone else.

I agree with everyone here about the shite the programme was spouting about how Wrexham deserve it more than anyone else, I guess that was for the American audience, but I don’t mind them.

I like the owners, they’re very likeable. I thoroughly enjoy their failing last season, just as Sunderland til I die was tremendous due to consecutive relegations, but I wouldn’t mind at all seeing them get promoted, just to see the story continue.  It’s nice watching deadpool celebrate with his daughter as they score v county there.

I don’t mind a bit of rich owners perking up a club that’s struggling. I think it would make life interesting if someone ploughed money into Cowdenbeath or Arbroath and they got to the prem for a couple of seasons.  Gretna was different as it was a club with no support or history, like if Broomhill got into the SPFL. I get that most don’t agree with this though.

That league is mental for goals though, as a supporter of a team that can’t score at all, it must be brilliant watching 4-2’s etc all the time.