Welcome to Wrexham TV Series on FX

TxRover

13 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Being the plaything of fuckwits.

They actually seem like decent guys tbh. That's what makes it so annoying. I've always thought Reynolds is a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously (a rarity in Hollywood) and Rob is a comedic genius for me. I never want a bankrolled team to do well but I don't want their names tarnished either. I hope they walk away soon leaving some decent foundation in place for the club rather than cutting all ties and completely f**k the club up. 

I am delighted for the Wrexham supporters because I worked there for years & know how much their Club means to them. I also know how much the owners engage with the supporters as I know people who are Executive Club members & whenever that pair turn up, they are more likely to be in The Turf than there. It is a project to make money but Reynolds & Mc Elhenney appear to be invested much more now.

On 10/04/2023 at 16:41, TxRover said:

While that’s true enough, it’s also a bit misleading in that nearly all football is a millionaires/billionaires game now. The era of fan ownership being truly viable has likely gone to the wayside. Yes, there  are still a few teams owned by fans or consortiums of moderately wealthy people, but that’s not the way the wind is blowing.

Assuming the interest isn’t just acted to make the TV series more interesting, those two in charge of Wrexham are represented as not far off the kind of owners we’d all like. I hope, for the fans of Wrexham, that it’s not a front. I do think it’s an interesting experiment/experience within the pyramid system.

Just near the end of the series now and I was thinking exactly this. That there is a bit of criticism/dislike of Wrexham for having money put into it but I suspect nobody would say anything had it not been  Hollywood/TV stars doing it.

I mean, how many people wanted Leicester to lose the league because the family who run King Power put their cash into it? How many people dislike Brighton, Brentford, Villa etc? for being funded into the PL and kept there? Nearly every team is bankrolled by someone, it seems odd that Wrexham are somehow seen as wrong for doing it. 

On 14/04/2023 at 05:08, KD1711 said:

The guy knocked back a reported 50k a week at Newcastle to be number 3 goalie and then reportedly knocked back Spurs.

He has been very open about how Wrexham suits him as a move due to the social media aspect, don't really see an issue with it.

He also basically started his career at Wrexhan, so it plays well that way too.

A bit minterific this. No one was cheering last night that Airdrie and Annan won comfortably we were all laughing at Falkirk and Dumbarton getting humped

2 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

A bit minterific this. No one was cheering last night that Airdrie and Annan won comfortably we were all laughing at Falkirk and Dumbarton getting humped

Cringed hard when I read what their plans were.