Ben Doak

Gordopolis

3 hours ago, Tartan Blood said:

Aw shucks. 🥲

I've got a sneaking suspicion Clarke will include Doak in the Euros squad. He'll be 18 by then and hopefully have a handful of Europa league and cup starts under his belt. But we need to be patient. He is being moulded into our first bonafide superstar in a generation. We can wait. 

100% this, I’d be surprised if he’s not in Germany next summer, provided the rest of the boys don’t have a collective meltdown that would be gigantic even in Scottish terms 

3 hours ago, Tartan Blood said:

I've got a sneaking suspicion Clarke will include Doak in the Euros squad. He'll be 18 by then and hopefully have a handful of Europa league and cup starts under his belt. 

I suspect you might be right. If he remains involved with the Liverpool First Team and sees himself with 10-20 appearances over the course of the season, then I can see Clarke "ignoring him". I'm like you, I think we have to be a little bit patient with the lad, the last thing we need as a nation is us pilling pressure on a youngster only for him to crumble, like we have done with others. When he is ready to handle the lime light and when he is of use to Clarke, he'll be involved i'm sure and all going well for the lad, it'll be some time this season. 

On 08/08/2023 at 12:30, Pie Of The Month said:

It'll be interesting to see if Doak gets into the Liverpool Europa League squad. He doesn't qualify as home grown or one of the u21 players since he hasn't been there long enough so has to be registered as one of the 17 non-home grown or underage players the same as the likes of Robertson and Salah.

Came across this today which says that Adrian (third-choice goalkeeper) will be omitted from the squad:

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-poised-to-take-advantage-of-uefa-loophole-and-unleash-exciting-ben-doak-plan-4280985

According to another article, some ruling allows Liverpool to bring Adrian into the squad anyway if Alisson or Kelleher can't feature. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Came across this today which says that Adrian (third-choice goalkeeper) will be omitted from the squad:

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-poised-to-take-advantage-of-uefa-loophole-and-unleash-exciting-ben-doak-plan-4280985

According to another article, some ruling allows Liverpool to bring Adrian into the squad anyway if Alisson or Kelleher can't feature. 

He should make it then you'd imagine.

16 non-home grown players here, 4 home grown players, and then Bajcetic and Pitaluga who doesn't need to be registered. Can't imagine anyone but Doak is getting the 17th and final non-home grown slot.

image.png.eded4521554cfcaa7af3779d4fb973b8.png

Edited by Jives Miguel

6 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Seen it mentioned that he’s due to start tonight. Fingers crossed and good luck young man. Will be very interesting to see how he does if he does indeed start his 1st senior game. 

Confirmed he’s starting.