Hamilton 🛡️ vs 🦅 The Caley - A.I. Preview Edition

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on a diet of non-league fitba since that absolute rogering at Ochilview and don't know why I'm bothering with this at all.
A part of me hopes it could be like the Polworth-inspired 4-3 game but more likely it'll be like the 3-0 hammering in Jan 2017 when we knew we were going down, or the 2009 game when I shivered through it with the flu but still managed to get my shoe off for Brewster.

13 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I've been on a diet of non-league fitba since that absolute rogering at Ochilview and don't know why I'm bothering with this at all.
A part of me hopes it could be like the Polworth-inspired 4-3 game but more likely it'll be like the 3-0 hammering in Jan 2017 when we knew we were going down, or the 2009 game when I shivered through it with the flu but still managed to get my shoe off for Brewster.

That 3-0 game is probably in the top 5 worst caley games I’ve been to. I’m sure we signed Billy Mckay on loan the morning of the game, went along and paid £24 to watch us get rogered. 

Its was the start of our banter years which still continues to this day. Foran has lost the dressing room and we looked tactically clueless and got battered with scoreline showing how bad we were at times with a squad that had significantly more ability to give. Some strong synergies with the modern day.

Edited by bdu98196

6 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That 3-0 game is probably in the top 5 worst caley games I’ve been to. I’m sure we signed Billy Mckay on loan the morning of the game, went along and paid £24 to watch us get rogered. 

You’d have been mugged right off paying £2 more than everyone else who paid at the gate right enough.

That game was the one where Foran play a midfield 4 of Vigurs, Tansey, Draper and Polwarth IIRC. The flattest midfield ever. Ugh. 

I seem to recall he also threw the players under the bus in the post match interview as well. 

How he wasn't emptied to try and save our season I'll never know. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

That game was the one where Foran play a midfield 4 of Vigurs, Tansey, Draper and Polwarth IIRC. The flattest midfield ever. Ugh. 

I seem to recall he also threw the players under the bus in the post match interview as well. 

And yet Tansey missed a peno at 1-0, I think a win would have taken us above them. Anyway, auntie/baws etc.

14 hours ago, The Mantis said:

And yet Tansey missed a peno at 1-0, I think a win would have taken us above them. Anyway, auntie/baws etc.

Mods please.

27 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Anything other than a win and then SURELY Dudds' time will be up as we can't accept or tolerate anymore inept performances and unacceptable results 😡

^^^

This, of course, means an away win is as certain as an English peno penalty denouement.

If we must consider the worst, tell me @Caley Shaun which is it you can't?

Will you not tolerate or not accept a result that is disadvantageous. I feel that there is a distinction between the two prospective scenarios and I'd like to gauge what action you might plan for either?

Who exactly is "we"?

Also ...

leslie-nielsen-450x600.jpg

16 hours ago, RiG said:

Was he not given a ridiculous 3 year deal when he was appointed? Or some sort of extension like that during his terrible tenure.

The fact the Richie Foran managed Inverness took us to the last game of the season fighting it out to avoid automatic relegation was one of the many black marks for Martin Canning as manager.

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was he not given a ridiculous 3 year deal when he was appointed? Or some sort of extension like that during his terrible tenure.

The fact the Richie Foran managed Inverness took us to the last game of the season fighting it out to avoid automatic relegation was one of the many black marks for Martin Canning as manager.

Yeah we gave him a 4 year contract. 

TBF the only reason we took it to the last game was because we were playing teams that had largely downed tools like Dundee. 

16 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Maybe by the time this rearanged fixture comes around we will have McKay and Welsh maybe Deas back and our walking wounded fully fit. Could work in our favour.

I appreciate your optimism but fact is we're going nowhere with another season in the Championship more likely.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I appreciate your optimism but fact is we're going nowhere with another season in the Championship more likely.

I'd rather look up than down since we are closer to the top, but this poor run you can't help looking in the rear view mirror. If we continue to have injuries it will affect form and it will be hard to gain any traction.

How many points do we need for safety, 32, 35?

21 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I'd rather look up than down since we are closer to the top, but this poor run you can't help looking in the rear view mirror. If we continue to have injuries it will affect form and it will be hard to gain any traction.

How many points do we need for safety, 32, 35?

Two points out of the last five games and fifteen possible does not bode well.

And as I mentioned on another thread we didn't do well in the first part of the season with a full squad.