Hibs v Livi

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He's a Dundee fan.........

27 years a Livi diehard.f**k Dundee and their neighbours. Il give you that.Cant wait to get you lot back at our place against 11.Merry Xmas.Enjoy it while you can.And don't mention Dundee to me again.🦁.

That's a stinking decision once again from this ref. That said, my bigger concern is why the VAR have again failed to step in to bail him out. What is the point?

Well done to Hibs, they took full advantage with an extremely dominant performance. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Well, that’s a stinker when I fancied out chances of a positive result.

Even enough open period with Dylan and Nisbet both going close to opening.

Obviously not a red card and Nisbet’s theatrics have probably swayed the ref. with us having played midweek and Hibs not, it was then the perfect storm for 75 mins.

Hibs 11 were much better than our 10. That said, I think the goals are all mistakes by keeper and/or Longridge as opposed to any brilliance:

1 - despite a Porteous’ dramatic run up it was a mediocre attempt at goal which the keeper should’ve pushed to the side (arguably fortunate to go in off post)

2 - player should’ve shut Cadden down sooner but great strike and went through his legs

3- mix up for a simple header

4- poor marking again

Our 1st pen was definite but I don’t think second should’ve been given. 

ach, shite day, move on. merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah doesn't look a red card, why does Porteous have to be an arsehole running past other Hibs players to start finger pointing at Holt, complete dick.

He is a total dick 😂 but the kind you’d tolerate if he played for you. Funny how he was stood away and leaning his neck towards Holt, feart to square up haha.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Never a red, he wins the ball and Nisbet comes in from behind him. Stills don't tell the whole story

Ah yes. The "he won the ball first" argument, completely ignoring the follow through rules in the modern game. He could have quite easily shattered his ankle there. Absolutely the correct decision.

Having seen the Sportscene highlights now:

Konovalov less culpable than I initially thought for the first. Still a minor error from him as the parry needed to go at a wider angle but he got ok distance on it. Was an unusually good finish that then beat him and no Livi player pressuring Nisbet let Konovalov down. With the free kick concession, Youan could dribble into the space where Holt would normally have been.

Second goal was a result of being down to 10 men. You have to stay in your shape a man down, it stops you being able to press as once a player leaves his station, that always frees up an opponent due to the man extra. Montaño stepped infield to intercept but lost out which let Cadden advance into the space Montaño had just vacated.

Third goal Stevenson had all day to dribble high into the Livi half, by design at that point as we were letting their full backs have the ball, the idea being we'd then defend the crosses and yet we didn't. Youan's cross gave Magennis a free header as Longridge failed to pick him up. The fourth goal was Longridge again just letting Magennis header it. Getting thrown in like that after the sending off won't have been easy but Longridge must improve his marking from crosses.

The substitution in response to the red card was wrong, for me. We were looking fine in the 4-4-1 and Bahamboula had been getting us up the pitch well with his dribbling. This was a second heavy away defeat this season after being reduced to 10 men first half and that's not coincidence. The team's tactical set up is a huge factor in its success and that largely goes out the window once the opposition have an extra player. Holt was unlucky to see red, most refs wouldn't have judged it so. Only positives were a good early one on one save from Konovalov against Nisbet and a lively substitute appearance from Penrice.

Edited by FreedomFarter

7 hours ago, crispy said:

2 - player should’ve shut Cadden down sooner but great strike and went through his legs

Looked that way but Longridge will've been under instruction to stay central and close to his own goal when Hibs have the ball in a wide area, so that he's best placed to defend the cross. Also if he'd rushed out sooner and Cadden had gone past him then crossed for a Hibs player to finish, Martindale would've blown his top at him.

That said, he showed with the third and fourth Hibs goals that he's weak with defending crosses. Martindale was using Boyes for this left centre back role earlier in the season until his sending off at Rangers moved Longridge ahead of him. Boyes might seem the better candidate again now. 

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Never a red, he wins the ball and Nisbet comes in from behind him. 

Have to say, at the match I really didnt think that it was a red card but once I saw the highlights, his follow through after winning the ball is above Nisbets boot and is probably deemed dangerous - although not deliberate.

Not being deliberate isnt a get out though - on the highlights its obvious that Cabraja didnt see the player (Concalves maybe, I was having a pish?) when he tried to clear the ball and caused your first pen.

I dont really like a man going off so early as it can spoil the match.

After we got the first it was one way traffic. Thought Youhan had his best match for us against a difficult opponent in Devlin, great assists although the Livi central defence was posted missing at times.

Great to see Nisbet score again, a real strikers goal and a good assist a minute later for Cadden.

While we are not out the woods yet, its clear that Nisbet up front and Magennis in midfield are miles ahead of the guys that have been playing there this season.

If Boyle hadnt got his injury, I would be genuinely excited for the next phase of the season. As it is we still need to ship out a fair few and have gaps in key areas - Celtic next, that will be fun for our defence...........

Anyway, merry christmas to the Hibbies on here, and also to the Livi fans that made the trip yesterday.

8 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Ah yes. The "he won the ball first" argument, completely ignoring the follow through rules in the modern game. He could have quite easily shattered his ankle there. Absolutely the correct decision.

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Dangerous play is a red card offence, regardless of whether or not the player wins the ball. Hope this helps.

Rubbish,  Nisbett arrives late from the side going for the ball and gets caught. Holt didn't win the ball and slide into him. The still only shows the contact, go look at the footage and you'll see it was a clean winning of the ball and Nisbett comes in later going in front of Holt, purely accidental and not a dangerous tackle as it wasn't even 50/50 with Holt getting to it well before Nisbett arrives. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Have to say, at the match I really didnt think that it was a red card but once I saw the highlights, his follow through after winning the ball is above Nisbets boot and is probably deemed dangerous - although not deliberate.

Not being deliberate isnt a get out though - on the highlights its obvious that Cabraja didnt see the player (Concalves maybe, I was having a pish?) when he tried to clear the ball and caused your first pen.

I dont really like a man going off so early as it can spoil the match.

After we got the first it was one way traffic. Thought Youhan had his best match for us against a difficult opponent in Devlin, great assists although the Livi central defence was posted missing at times.

Great to see Nisbet score again, a real strikers goal and a good assist a minute later for Cadden.

While we are not out the woods yet, its clear that Nisbet up front and Magennis in midfield are miles ahead of the guys that have been playing there this season.

If Boyle hadnt got his injury, I would be genuinely excited for the next phase of the season. As it is we still need to ship out a fair few and have gaps in key areas - Celtic next, that will be fun for our defence...........

Anyway, merry christmas to the Hibbies on here, and also to the Livi fans that made the trip yesterday.

It wasn't really a follow through onto Nisbett though, Nisbett comes in late for the ball from the side and gets in front of Holt's sliding foot.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Rubbish,  Nisbett arrives late from the side going for the ball and gets caught. Holt didn't win the ball and slide into him. The still only shows the contact, go look at the footage and you'll see it was a clean winning of the ball and Nisbett comes in later going in front of Holt, purely accidental and not a dangerous tackle as it wasn't even 50/50 with Holt getting to it well before Nisbett arrives. 

Once again, completely irrelevant. He goes for the ball studs up. His lack of awareness of any surrounding players is not some get out clause. It doesn't have to be deliberate in order to be dangerous. When a player goes for the ball like that, they are always taking a risk. The modern day rules are very much clear on what constitutes as dangerous play and getting to the ball first or lacking awareness of where other players are doesn't make it any less of a red card offence.