Hibs v Livi

On 25/12/2022 at 11:06, StellarHibee said:

It doesn't matter. Like I said, dangerous play doesn't have to be intentional to be dangerous play. He takes the ball with his studs (which he didn't need to do). Yes, Nisbett get's in the way of the follow through. But the fact remains that there was a follow through. Had that contact resulted in a broken ankle, would you still be on here adamant that it wasn't a sending off? 
Players can't go sliding in with the studs anymore, no matter how certain they are in their own mind that they aren't endangering any other players.

No he didn't, he got the ball with his toe and was on his side sliding through though with his studs off the ground when Nisbet plants his foot in front of Holt sliding.

Yeah as has now been said, we've appealed the decision which shows we must be confident getting it rescinded, didn't think we'd bother, glad we have though, wrong call by a ref that previously deemed a bad tackle on Devlin wasn't even a foul, guy is hopeless at making the right calls.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

12 hours ago, crispy said:

That said, they goals we conceded were all pretty amateur. I’d say the jury is still out on whether Hibs are actually any good: a quick scan of the results shows that Hibs 7 wins include 5 where the opponents have had 10 men for some portion.

We have been pretty poor this season, but now we have some key players back I hope for better. Its not coincidence that Nisbet and Magennis (who have been out for most of the year) have been key players in their first matches back.

Yes we have had a lot of teams losing a player against us but we have also had some awful ref / VAR decisions against us this season - not saying they cancel each other out, but its not all one way. e.g. Montano was your best defender - but there was an argument for him being sent off for his 1st half stamp on Campbell.............I think it didnt happen as you were on 10 men.

On those goals being amateur - 

First goal the keeper saved to an area where Nisbet lurked, and he finished it really well - I was right behind it, great finish.

Second goal, Hibs were all over Livi from the ko, Nisbet did some great work to make space and put in a brilliant pass to Cadden who finished across the keeper - good goal.

Third goal was a decent cross from Youhan that most half decent defenders cut out - easy meat for Magennis, very soft from you.

Fourth goal was a fantastic cross from Youhan, and a good clipped header by Magennis. One that you will see as soft, we see as a clever finish.

On the playing with 10 men thing, what I would be concerned about if I was a Livi fan was the defence - It wasnt a defender that was sent off, but Youhan was toying with Devlin the entire match, and as noted for the 3rd and 4th the CHs were a bit suspect.

Edited by Leith Green

Youan is a good winger, Cadden is one of the best attacking full backs in the league, Nisbet is obviously excellent, Porteous has great distribution and is fine defensively, Magennis has that invaluable trait of timing runs into the box and scoring, Marshall is a solid keeper. They're the standout players but the others are all good too. Still early days for Johnson but he's been competent enough this far. Hibs are definitely Top Six quality. 

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

On the playing with 10 men thing, what I would be concerned about if I was a Livi fan was the defence - It wasnt a defender that was sent off, but Youhan was toying with Devlin the entire match, and as noted for the 3rd and 4th the CHs were a bit suspect.

What's even more mental is that going into this game we had the best defensive record outside of Rangers and Celtic, which included losing 5-0 to Aberdeen

Edited by ATLIS

“If people sitting in the offices at VAR, with six different camera angles, are saying that's a red card, I think we've got a huge problem. In real time, I genuinely thought it was a yellow card but watching it back from two camera angles, it's not even a foul. It was highly disappointing and frustrating. VAR got misused on Saturday."

Decent enough quote from Martindale

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

You might get the ball but if you follow through and catch an opponent studs up above the ankle it’s 100% a foul. Red card is debatable but I can see why it was given.

It wasn't a follow through though, Nisbet is actually the one going in late on Holt after he's kicked the ball, but gets caught himself, and why Martindale doesn't reckon it was a foul let alone a booking.