Dunfermline v Falkirk

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

11 year old with a football banning order really is ridiculous, swear the parents must think the football is like a crèche for their weans.

At the last Falkirk game at East End, the kids were chucking Maoam bars on to the pitch.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

How does a single camera stream differ that much from watching a game at the stadium? Still one view and if anything having replays, the lack of travel, the ability to have food and drink (including alcohol if you so wish) and it being cheaper (even more so if more than one person is watching the stream) makes it a more appetising proposition than going to the game for some. I couldn't care less how many different angles I got of the game as long as I got to see it tbh. Had worse experiences of both streaming and being at a game live (shite view, bad weather, terrible parking, rubbish food etc) than watching a single camera feed from ParsTV.

Have to agree with you.

For me, it’s the weather (cold) which I find difficult to withstand.

I was seriously considering not going on Monday depending on the weather so having the option of a stream (however good or bad) is a fantastic plus.

45 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Thoroughly reprehensible conduct. Hope the appropriate action was taken. 

Did you not read the statement?

43 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I didn’t think it would be possible to throw a Moam that far?

They were pretty close to the pitch but aye, you can get a decent distance on one

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Speaking as someone who remembers Curly Wurlys when they were about a foot long what type of sweetie is a Moam bar?

They are fruit flavoured chewy fuckers that give you a sore jaw. Along the lines of Fizzy Lizzys but no sherbet and a lot skinnier.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Speaking as someone who remembers Curly Wurlys when they were about a foot long what type of sweetie is a Moam bar?

They're sour, teeth corroding little b*****ds. For that reason they won't sell well in Falkirk (final insult of 2022).

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20221231_181118_Opera.jpg.ab2571613604303c7b6cf5fc3d1cf994.jpg

You've heard of Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles, well these are Mobile Airborne Opposition Attack Missiles. Its a prototype of what the MOD will be using if the Defence budget is cut again. 

Not that it really matters how many we bring but there will be a good number holding off until the day. I see there’s a yellow warning for ice so must be a slight doubt over the game - isn’t there a strip in front of the main stand that freezes that they can’t seem to prevent?

Anyway, I’ll buy on the day once I know the game is on.

On 30/12/2022 at 15:36, Grant228 said:

Imagine being the word. 

We've sold 1,400 so far which is pretty decent. Maybe 1,600/1,700 by kick off tomorrow as above suspect many will buy at the stadium. You never quite get the same enthusiasm for the second away fixture, especially as we're now 7 points behind. How are home sales going?

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

18 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

North West was sold out while ago. Don't know numbers elsewhere. I would guess 5000?

Always think the atmosphere suffers at your place because they never use the SW of that stand. 
Remember the 1-1 game in ‘93 or ‘94 when there was about 13k at the game the atmosphere was brilliant in that section 

4 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Not that it really matters how many we bring but there will be a good number holding off until the day. I see there’s a yellow warning for ice so must be a slight doubt over the game - isn’t there a strip in front of the main stand that freezes that they can’t seem to prevent?

Anyway, I’ll buy on the day once I know the game is on.

Yes it's permanently in the shade so I would imagine there is some risk, depends if they have an early inspection I would imagine it will be off but if they let it thaw even a little by 3 it should be playable, fingers crossed anyway 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Always think the atmosphere suffers at your place because they never use the SW of that stand. 
Remember the 1-1 game in ‘93 or ‘94 when there was about 13k at the game the atmosphere was brilliant in that section 

There were fans in there for the 3-0 game in 2011 and the atmosphere was brilliant. 

Temperature not due to go above 0 till mid afternoon.... Sun due to be out which might help but not this shaded bit 🙄

Part of me cba with this game tomorrow for reasons of being nightshift afterwards, but calling it off would mean I was sat with tickets for postponed matches at Alloa and Pars, which could easy be rescheduled for dates I cant make.