Dunfermline v Falkirk

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Was that when Cowdenbeath were due to play Rangers? Sure they had a kettle out. 

The drama will be the area in front of the main stand which doesn't get sun. 

People might know more than me on this, but if the ground is frozen is there much you can do to thaw it out? 

You can use heaters or heat lamps but no idea how long it takes and assume it’d be expensive.

Were frost covers used ?

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

People might know more than me on this, but if the ground is frozen is there much you can do to thaw it out? 

Not really. Even if the got the heating working, it’s a preventative measure and wouldn’t thaw out an already frozen pitch in a few hours. Depends on the size of the area I suppose.

Goes without saying that the car idea deployed at Cowdenbeath won’t work.

all local grab hot water bottles, kettles etc, take a foot by foot section of grass each and get thawing. will need a lot of people, but cant think of anything else.

Seriously though, sitting in work here and there is a stretch of grass outside the window here overshadowed by the building im in, jus like how the main stand roof blocks the sunlight on that side of the pitch. Its still white out here, but some grass across the road looks frost free now...obvs doesnt mean its not hard. But im sadly with those mentioning the main stand side of the pitch, thats where problem will be.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Was that when Cowdenbeath were due to play Rangers? Sure they had a kettle out.

It sure was, I'm not sure if they resorted to boiling water, it wouldn't surprise me.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You can use heaters or heat lamps but no idea how long it takes and assume it’d be expensive.

Were frost covers used ?

If what another poster has said, and we've went to turn on the USH only to find out it's broken then I doubt it, you need to put the USH on a day or two before the freeze, no chance we would've got to Hogmanay, discovered the pipes were fucked and sourced, before laying covers in that time. 

8 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Goes without saying that the car idea deployed at Cowdenbeath won’t work.

I seen it work once when I was about 15 tbf, goalmouth was frozen so a parent kept there car over it. Obviously only works on a really small patch of grass though. 

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

It sure was, I'm not sure if they resorted to boiling water, it wouldn't surprise me.

Sure it was, Cowdenbeath fans on here weren't happy because it made them look ridiculous. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

If what another poster has said, and we've went to turn on the USH only to find out it's broken then I doubt it, you need to put the USH on a day or two before the freeze, no chance we would've got to Hogmanay, discovered the pipes were fucked and sourced, before laying covers in that time. 

I seen it work once when I was about 15 tbf, goalmouth was frozen so a parent kept there car over it. Obviously only works on a really small patch of grass though. 

Sure it was, Cowdenbeath fans on here weren't happy because it made them look ridiculous. 

Cheers - can’t see it being in then given the part of the pitch directly below the main stand.

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Always the option to have a 2nd one at 2 if they think it has a good chance.

Valid point. 12pm pitch inspection could be a precaution, to see if areas of the pitch will need worked on in the next 2 hours to get the game on. Certainly happened before.

Would be terrible if the club haven’t taken necessary precautions to get this on, particularly given the size of crowd expected and money to be made from the bars/hospitality. They’ll also have to pay for police and stewards for today and for a rearranged fixture, which won’t be cheap.

What is it with Falkirk games and travel this season?! Trains were off the first game so had to get the service bus, which took about 3 years as it did the tour of Fife.

Second game the trains were also off but loads of buses were cancelled too. Thankfully was able to get a lift.

This morning my train was cancelled, and then the one after it was cancelled too, so it's back on the fucking bus for a another tour of rural Fife! Plus it seems like the game will probably off too, so a wasted journey.

5 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Ficking joke tbh. We've had 1 night of frost and have covers and under soil heating. Banter club if we don't use the protection for this game

Genuinely don't think I have ever seen or heard about covers on at EEP