Accies vs Raith, 2/1/23…

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

With his injury? Didn't look like much. Stretched a bit too far making a good interception. Needed a bit of treatment but he's back on and looks fine. He's started the game well, too. 

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my degree from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College. 

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

With his injury? Didn't look like much. Stretched a bit too far making a good interception. Needed a bit of treatment but he's back on and looks fine. He's started the game well, too. 

We've eased off a bit since the goal and Hamilton are seeing more of the ball, nut their sole strategy seems to be getting the ball to Andy Ryan by whichever means are quickest, and then seeing if something happens after that. 

Uh, Andy Ryan is now going off injured, so we'll see something different! 

Studs caught in the astro I think, looked to jar the knee. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Is Vaughan on the left Easton in the 10 behind Gullan? 

Other way round. Easton on the left, Vaughan as the 10. 

We've been poor, to be honest. Accies haven't looked remotely like scoring, which is pleasing, but they're playing a high line that we've barely threatened to get in behind. All of our front four have only popped up in glimpses here and there, none of them have properly gotten themselves into the game. 

Gullan, obviously, took his goal really well, but this doesn't feel to me like a team that's happy with their lead, but one that can't find a way to goal to extend it. 

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Is Vaughan on the left Easton in the 10 behind Gullan? 

No, Easton is on the left, Vaughan is doing whatever he wants it seems, just not in effective areas. As the half went on, we've got worse. Easton just do enough good to paper over the poor stuff, very weak and just not great with the ball at his feet when there is pressure on him.

5 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Other way round. Easton on the left, Vaughan as the 10. 

We've been poor, to be honest. Accies haven't looked remotely like scoring, which is pleasing, but they're playing a high line that we've barely threatened to get in behind. All of our front four have only popped up in glimpses here and there, none of them have properly gotten themselves into the game. 

Gullan, obviously, took his goal really well, but this doesn't feel to me like a team that's happy with their lead, but one that can't find a way to goal to extend it. 

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No, Easton is on the left, Vaughan is doing whatever he wants it seems, just not in effective areas. As the half went on, we've got worse. Easton just do enough good to paper over the poor stuff, very weak and just not great with the ball at his feet when there is pressure on him.

OK, trying to sort this out in my mind…

Gullan solo, up top…Vaughan behind him, with Spencer deep and Easton wide left and Connolly wide right in a diamond…the Brown in front of a back four…Nolan LCB or RCB?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

OK, trying to sort this out in my mind…

Gullan solo, up top…Vaughan behind him, with Spencer deep and Easton wide left and Connolly wide right in a diamond…the Brown in front of a back four…Nolan LCB or RCB?

It's a 4-2-3-1, Spencer and Brown the base. 

Nolan is the left centre half. My concern if Lang had missed out was that either Nolan or Dick would have to play on the right. He's been fine so far but we were definitely stronger before Ngwenya went off. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

It's a 4-2-3-1, Spencer and Brown the base. 

Nolan is the left centre half. My concern if Lang had missed out was that either Nolan or Dick would have to play on the right. He's been fine so far but we were definitely stronger before Ngwenya went off. 

Got it, hadn’t seen IM playing a midfield diamond before, so I was wondering…makes sense. Any idea if Masson favors playing right or left?