Insecurity FC v The Champions (2nd January 2023)

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Most people would keep quiet. Instead the *** mentality is to spit the dummy and play the victim card. 

Who is playing the victim? There has been no comment made on it by Rangers or the Union Bears other than the statement prior to the match actually taking placing advising they were being blocked from entering the stadium early.

That’s why I’m saying the Sun article seems off given they are claiming supporters were allowed in early to set up banners when there was in fact no display at the match and the fact we already know the Union Bears were prevented from going in early.

Edited by AJF

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Behind Closed Doors for the foreseeable. 

And because of the unrelenting need for total equality, same goes for Celtic. 

It's the only plausible solution. 

Don’t say that. Those c***s can actually play when there’s no fans there.

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Absolutely loving the 'TIME FOR REFEREES TO DECLAYUR WITCH TEAM THEY SUPPORT!!!' chat we always hear from Celtic fans after any game they don't win.

The fact that this would make Scottish football completely unworkable seems to have escaped them, but I enjoy it every time it comes up.

Beaton doesn’t need to declare it. It’s well known.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I couldn't give a f**k.

Yet you were - and I quote, “absolutely loving the chat” a few posts a go.

eta also if you’re saying a well known Hibs fan regularly refereed an Edinburgh derby then you wouldn’t care - I simply don’t believe you.

Edited by Henrik's tongue

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yes. I very much enjoy Celtic fans group-thinking themselves into a terrible idea.

I do not care which teams referees support.

Glad to clarify.

I think I’m the only Celtic fan that’s mentioned it on this thread tbh.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The fact that this would make Scottish football completely unworkable seems to have escaped them, but I enjoy it every time it comes up.

Not sure how it could make things any more unworkable than it already is. Far be it from me to stand up for the arse cheek from the east end of Glasgow but I remember watching a match in sheer disbelief as wee 'Fredo Morelos, Colombia's angriest man, kicked Broonie in the nuts (he was going for the ball I suppose) and later deliberately trampled over the back of a prostrate Celtic defender, plus another serious foul that escapes me at the moment.

I can't remember for certainty which of the masonic brethren was refereeing, probably John Beaton, but he could barely bring himself to award a free kick, never mind the yellow or red card that was deserved. 

I'd long considered that refereeing errors and inconsistencies were purely down to ineptitude or pressure from a baying crowd, but I had my eyes opened during that match. The referee was cheating in plain view.

Having neutral officials, even if necessary those of a slightly inferior quality, is infinitely more palatable than employing those who may be partial to being partial.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I'm going to shock you here, but Celtic fans exist who aren't posting on this thread.

Ah the old “social media” argument. 
I don’t use it, so like you, I don’t care.Go on there and tell them ffs.

3 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Not sure how it could make things any more unworkable than it already is. Far be it from me to stand up for the arse cheek from the east end of Glasgow but I remember watching a match in sheer disbelief as wee 'Fredo Morelos, Colombia's angriest man, kicked Broonie in the nuts (he was going for the ball I suppose) and later deliberately trampled over the back of a prostrate Celtic defender, plus another serious foul that escapes me at the moment.

I can't remember for certainty which of the masonic brethren was refereeing, probably John Beaton, but he could barely bring himself to award a free kick, never mind the yellow or red card that was deserved. 

I'd long considered that refereeing errors and inconsistencies were purely down to ineptitude or pressure from a baying crowd, but I had my eyes opened during that match. The referee was cheating in plain view.

Having neutral officials, even if necessary those of a slightly inferior quality, is infinitely more palatable than employing those who may be partial to being partial.

I'm just going to leave you a few things to consider.

Roughly half of SPFL average crowds are accounted for by the OF, so let's go nuts and assume that around half of Scottish fitba fans are OF fans.

Would it not follow that about 50% of our referees would be OF fans?

So, with that in mind, who referees Old Firm matches? Aberdeen v Rangers? Celtic v Hearts? Dundee United v Rangers? You're barring over half of our officials. For a Celtic v Hibs game, we'd bar every ref who supported the OF, Hibs, or Hearts. That's simply going to lead to the biggest games being refereed by officials who are not the best, but just support inoffensive teams. That's not a good idea.

There have been seven Scottish Cup finals not featuring the OF in the last 30 years. You're barring half the refs (plus the opposition team and rivals') from refereeing the cup final every year. That's obviously a bad idea.

Why would any young Celtic or Rangers fan take up refereeing knowing that after a hard 15-year slog to the top, they'd never get to referee a big match, they'd never get on the UEFA/FIFA list etc?

What you're proposing is accepting our biggest games being refereed by bad referees and putting about half of Scottish fitba fans off being referees, just because fans of a club that wins all the time are massive cry babies with an invented conspiracy in their minds.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Roughly half of SPFL average crowds are accounted for by the OF, so let's go nuts and assume that around half of Scottish fitba fans are OF fans.

So, with that in mind, who referees Old Firm matches? Aberdeen v Rangers? Celtic v Hearts? Dundee United v Rangers? You're barring over half of our officials. For a Celtic v Hibs game, we'd bar every ref who supported the OF, Hibs, or Hearts. That's simply going to lead to the biggest games being refereed by officials who are not the best, but just support inoffensive teams. That's not a good idea.

There have been seven Scottish Cup finals not featuring the OF in the last 30 years. You're barring half the refs (plus the opposition team and rivals') from refereeing the cup final every year. That's obviously a bad idea.

Why would any young Celtic or Rangers fan take up refereeing knowing that after a hard 15-year slog to the top, they'd never get to referee a big match, they'd never get on the UEFA/FIFA list etc?

What you're proposing is accepting our biggest games being refereed by bad referees and putting about half of Scottish fitba fans off being referees, just because fans of a club that wins all the time are massive cry babies with an invented conspiracy in their minds.

All that waffle typing without once addressing the fact that some match officials are not impartial, leading to a sport that is corrupt.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

All reasonable points. Could we at least just get rid of Beaton then? 

16 minutes ago, Squonk said:

At what point does it change from poor refereeing to cheating? Who determines that?

I could give you many examples of decisions in favour of Celtic in derby matches. Does that mean those referees were also cheating?

ETA: The claims from Monday's match also have to be looked at with VAR in mind as well. If Celtic fans are claiming the Goldson handball wasn't given because Beaton is a Rangers fan, does this also mean the VAR on the day was also a Rangers fan for failing to ask him to have a second look, suggesting he change his mind?

Edited by AJF