Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

"Keyboard warriors" used - absolute disrespect for fans of both teams confirmed.

"Preauthorised personal sporting commitments" WTF. If the guy's employed to do a job for us, yesterday was a working day, his 1st priority. If he wasn't available for authorised reasons, the club should've arranged cover.

Edit - appreciate I might be being whooshed. But you never know with DFC.

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Dunno what you are talking about it - clearly says Mackay 🤨

You would've got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky email notifications. Genuinely thought I was losing my mind for a minute :lol:

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

"Keyboard warriors" used - absolute disrespect for fans of both teams confirmed.

"Preauthorised personal sporting commitments" 

Loosely translated as, resistance is futile, shut up and  be assimilated.  

Fun guys you've got in charge there.

19 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Life often out-parody's parody at DFC!

Well don't laugh but I hear there is now a thought to move the pitch markings and the posts two metres towards Morrisons ahead of the remaining home games to make sure all the pitch gets the sun.

18 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Well don't laugh but I hear there is now a thought to move the pitch markings and the posts two metres towards Morrisons ahead of the remaining home games to make sure all the pitch gets the sun.

Which makes sense, pity we took 20+ years to realise, though.

21 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Fingers crossed we get a date for Stirling game soon ,  knowing the SFA they’ll make it we’ll them the Tuesday before or after the game at their ground

Highly unlikely. They have Forfar at home on the Tuesday before and Elgin at home the Tuesday after.

I see Albion have put out a statement saying they'll be writing to the SPFL about it.

I'm not wholly sure what the point of that is, other than for the SPFL to tell us to get our act together. But it doesn't reflect particularly well that they've put a statement out before we have. A simple few paragraphs apologising and explaining the sequence of events last night, and everyone would've moved on.

3 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Naw, be more in character to command the sun stand still at noon till it thaws.

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Albion have put out a statement saying they'll be writing to the SPFL about it.

I'm not wholly sure what the point of that is, other than for the SPFL to tell us to get our act together. But it doesn't reflect particularly well that they've put a statement out before we have. A simple few paragraphs apologising and explaining the sequence of events last night, and everyone would've moved on.

I’m guessing the fact there was also a (perceived) poorly communicated late postponement the previous time hasn’t helped our board’s patience. 

Hopefully Dumbarton get a proper system in place to have someone competent check the turf well before kick off in future, and that’ll be in the end of it without this escalating into a comedy feud between the clubs.