Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

DFC have a lot to answer for. Can’t believe a team who is top of the league is so poorly run. 

End of the day, DFC have shat it. Again. 

So glad to see you’ve not lost your head over this. 

1 minute ago, DavidMcG said:

Apparantly Dumbarton were going to call a pitch inspection for 5ish then decided it wasn't needed and consulted with groundsman over phone and then agreed they would let ref make call when he turned up. Absolute shambles

“Groundsman over the phone”

WTF. Why was the groundsman not there? 

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Communication yet again, piss poor. This is the second time we've deemed the pitch playable only for the ref to call it off. Clearly we don't have the knowledge at the club and in that case we should err on the side of caution but here we are an hour before kick off being told the game is off after there wasn't even an announcement of an inspection. I'm hearing our groundsman may have been a bit lazy again too in inspecting the park himself...

Yeah I know. Just seems odd that the club didn’t think an earlier inspection might have been worthwhile. I wouldn’t have thought that it was that difficult to tell if the pitch was too hard 

Let’s cut DFC a bit of slack here or at least those who are going to bear the brunt of the anger. At no point today did any of us realistically think it was in doubt. I’ve been in G82 all day and I would’ve bet my house it would’ve gone ahead. Even our ex groundsman was on here saying he was sure it would be on and he knows the pitch better than anyone. Maybe the groundsman we currently have isn’t fit for purpose, I’m sure there are just as many pissed of DFC fans and staff as there are Stirling. 

Wow, didn't see that coming especially as nothing was reported on social media. The only problem would have been the stand side as it gets no sun at this time of year. But it wasn't a heavy frost this morning. If it was still frozen at midday they should have asked for a late afternoon inspection. 

11 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Apparantly Dumbarton were going to call a pitch inspection for 5ish then decided it wasn't needed and consulted with groundsman over phone and then agreed they would let ref make call when he turned up. Absolute shambles

That strikes me as very plausible, and not calling for a pitch inspection was a very, very bad call. Can't defend DFC on this occasion.

12 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Let’s cut DFC a bit of slack here or at least those who are going to bear the brunt of the anger. 

Come on man, this is a shambles and it doesn't matter what me or you thought about the pitch. It should've been checked and an inspection called if there was ANY doubt. We've fucked it again and cost a number of fans money tonight for nothing.