Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

10 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

In the unlikely event the game goes ahead, is there streaming available for away fans?

We do stream for overseas folk but it's currently pishing with snow so I doubt this will go ahead (although I thought it would be on last week so maybe ignore what I say).

Albeit, the snow due to stop mid afternoon... can't see this working out?

I am just outside Dumbarton, however, I don't expect huge differences a couple of miles in the road, anyone nearer the stadium  confirm if it's white?

20230314_082029.jpg

Edited by squeezebox-son

2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Albeit, the snow due to stop mid afternoon... can't see this working out?

I am just outside Dumbarton, however, I don't expect huge differences a couple of miles in the road, anyone nearer the stadium  confirm if it's white?

20230314_082029.jpg

Same in Dumbarton.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Same in Dumbarton.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's currently snowing faster than Joe McLeod going down the wing (one for the older Sons and Binos fans 😉) and it will be a brave ref who calls this on.  Assuming an inspection has been arranged that is.

Aye, save any further embarrassment and call this off ASAP.

Apparently Dumbarton asked the binos to borrow their covers for tonight. Albion accepted, on condition that they receive a 2 goal head start. 1 goal for the borrowed covers, another for the inconvenience of the shambles last week. Dumbarton accepted. Thanks for the easy 3 points. 

6 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

It's fine he's put some covers down 🙃

This is beyond parody now. 

5 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

Apparently Dumbarton asked the binos to borrow their covers for tonight. Albion accepted, on condition that they receive a 2 goal head start. 1 goal for the borrowed covers, another for the inconvenience of the shambles last week. Dumbarton accepted. Thanks for the easy 3 points. 

I heard that we get 3 goals for this shite patter.

16 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

It was only one row he put down. It's getting vertidrained just now which is dangerous if it's went soggy with the rain and snow. Defo gives the game a chance but at what cost is the worry. 

What would be the long term implications of that? Pitch totally screwed?

Surely it would be common sense to cancel this ASAP.  The pitch has been frozen without fully thawing and then deluged with water which presumably won't fully drain away.  There is also have a home match on Saturday so to even risk any further hassle and outcry it should maybe be inspected and canned.  Who at DFC is in charge of this ?

Edited by Turnberry Fields Forever

5 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

For the rest of the season yeh, it'll get chewed up big time. Temps have to go to freezing by 7pm so could start it then abandon it. Stirling boys would love that 🙈

LOL that would be great ...Binos fans singing the Addams Family while tossing our entire board in the Leven.