Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Saw a Stirling fan in the carpark saying to some lads he's been at every postponed fixture.

That may well have been me (or may not). 

I‘m angry again tonight, disappointed at the game being called off of course but I’m angry at the way that I have once again been treated as a football fan, along with all other fans. I arrived at the ground at 1850 and it was obvious straight away that the game was in doubt. It was our cameraman gesturing to the crowd at about 1915 that told us the game was off, that’s horrendous.

The players continued to warm up, nothing was said. Farrell and Young both went up the tunnel before coming back and shouting for the players to come in for us to know that it was true. It was approximately 10 minutes later, when the pitch was cleared and the nets were down before the announcement was mate. No apology was made, simply an announcement to say that the game had been called off and that a date will be rearranged.

As fans went to the turnstile to ask for a refund, we were welcomed by a woman shouting at us telling us there would be no refund, just a “free ticket for the next game”. The woman was obviously stressed out and a few fans had a lot to say about the matter but were taking the frustrations out on the wrong person sadly, but the communication was simply shambolic.

Then we had the other shambles of standing in a queue in the freezing rain looking for a refund. I had made the decision that I would not be back, unless it was next Tuesday night and we were going to win the league there, so I wanted a refund. 20 odd minutes (if not longer) in a queue in the pissing cold rain was no fun. The players and back room staff were well away before it even started moving. Finally get to the door and the man handed over the refund, without the car parking charges I may add and no reason was given why, no apology, no explanation, nothing.

I know a lot of Dumbarton fans have concerns about the way the club runs or communicates but this was dreadful, especially when easy going people like myself are treated like idiots.

Unless (as stated above, we win the league at The Rock) a full public apology on the way we were treated is issued by the club, then I’ll sadly not be back any time soon. Yes call offs happen and can’t be helped, but the way we have been continually treated hasn’t been good, tonight has been absolutely awful. Yes, I am not a fan of your club,  but as a business, I am still a customer and I do my best to put as much as I can towards all the lower league teams I visit and don’t deserve to be treated like a second class citizen.

Sorry for the rant,  but hope it is justified.

5 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I‘m angry again tonight, disappointed at the game being called off of course but I’m angry at the way that I have once again been treated as a football fan, along with all other fans. I arrived at the ground at 1850 and it was obvious straight away that the game was in doubt. It was our cameraman gesturing to the crowd at about 1915 that told us the game was off, that’s horrendous.

The players continued to warm up, nothing was said. Farrell and Young both went up the tunnel before coming back and shouting for the players to come in for us to know that it was true. It was approximately 10 minutes later, when the pitch was cleared and the nets were down before the announcement was mate. No apology was made, simply an announcement to say that the game had been called off and that a date will be rearranged.

As fans went to the turnstile to ask for a refund, we were welcomed by a woman shouting at us telling us there would be no refund, just a “free ticket for the next game”. The woman was obviously stressed out and a few fans had a lot to say about the matter but were taking the frustrations out on the wrong person sadly, but the communication was simply shambolic.

Then we had the other shambles of standing in a queue in the freezing rain looking for a refund. I had made the decision that I would not be back, unless it was next Tuesday night and we were going to win the league there, so I wanted a refund. 20 odd minutes (if not longer) in a queue in the pissing cold rain was no fun. The players and back room staff were well away before it even started moving. Finally get to the door and the man handed over the refund, without the car parking charges I may add and no reason was given why, no apology, no explanation, nothing.

I know a lot of Dumbarton fans have concerns about the way the club runs or communicates but this was dreadful, especially when easy going people like myself are treated like idiots.

Unless (as stated above, we win the league at The Rock) a full public apology on the way we were treated is issued by the club, then I’ll sadly not be back any time soon. Yes call offs happen and can’t be helped, but the way we have been continually treated hasn’t been good, tonight has been absolutely awful. Yes, I am not a fan of your club,  but as a business, I am still a customer and I do my best to put as much as I can towards all the lower league teams I visit and don’t deserve to be treated like a second class citizen.

As I understand it club's are supposed to provide a refund unless the game has actually started and been abandoned.  Would need to check on that though.

8 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Genuinely sorry to hear this. The club is terribly run and has a track record of treating good folk poorly. At least you’ll have the consolation of winning the league, though I’m sure that’s far from your thoughts tonight, which is a very sad state of affairs.

10 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

A bit shite about the car park refund , a bit of a joke clubs charging to park a car at the ground anyway. 

5 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

As I understand it club's are supposed to provide a refund unless the game has actually started and been abandoned.  Would need to check on that though.

You just know that once again the club will totally miss the point and think folk are just angry because a referee called off a game of football, rather than their piss poor handling of it.

Hope the guy doesn’t have an employer, because I’d imagine he’d be out of a job if they saw the stuff he’s posting. He’s by far the worst of the Stirling fans on Twitter. Even the other wee guys acting hard seem quite nice, by comparison.

6 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Get that Curley guy reported. Complete weapon. I reported him last time but it’s made no difference so far. No doubt a member of the incel community who lives with his mum, would explain a lot of the anger. 

He’ll be right up Elon’s street.

7 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Get that Curley guy reported. Complete weapon. I reported him last time but it’s made no difference so far. No doubt a member of the incel community who lives with his mum, would explain a lot of the anger. 

Twitter reporting is crap now, report someone and takes months to get a response! That’s why cretins like him get away with it

Anyone who was in the bar know who that silly old b****d was who announced the game was off, tried to blame the ref, and then laughed as he quickly scurried out the side door when folk started to ask for their money back? He looked like a club official.