The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

No.  No your weren’t. 

How on earth is saying that from what I've seen from the rest of the league ST Mirren have every chance of sneaking into 5th/6th ahead of the likes of Livvy, Hibs, St Johnstone. I thought St Mirren were very competitive throughout tonight and pretty unlucky not to take a point. You put up a hell of a lot better fight than the pish from Easter Road that's for sure. But you do you bud! 

Just now, StellarHibee said:

We will. But Hearts will lump the ball high up the field and score from a plooky deflection or something. It's generally what happens in these games. The more attractive side will lose.

Ok my...😂😂  You're amazing, we need to keep you.

That was probably our worst home performance since Rangers.

Neilson is an idiot for that red.

Humphreys is an Australian football terrorist.

Hill is potentially Souttar-esque.

St. Mirren will take points off everyone else this season if they keep that up, which works for me.

4 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

We will. But Hearts will lump the ball high up the field and score from a plooky deflection or something. It's generally what happens in these games. The more attractive side will lose.

Enjoy the moral victory whilst we lift the cup then….you’ve been there before eh🤫

9 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

What part do you disagree with?

You had 4 shots on target according to live scores.

And Hearts had 3.  

An away team with 19 shots on goal at Tynecastle probably doesn’t happen that often. 

Hearts did plenty of passing the ball about but didn’t really create much.

Two wonder saves from your keeper, the post, and VAR saved you.   

8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

We've committed less fouls than every other team in the league bar Aberdeen

Well tonight you got away with a few. Doesn't mean you don't commit them.

Snodgrass should have been off the park.

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I thought Hearts were quite powder puff. When they play in Europe next year, they'll get completely bullied.

You fairly bullied us into a 1-0 defeat, well done.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

How on earth is saying that from what I've seen from the rest of the league ST Mirren have every chance of sneaking into 5th/6th ahead of the likes of Livvy, Hibs, St Johnstone. I thought St Mirren were very competitive throughout tonight and pretty unlucky not to take a point. You put up a hell of a lot better fight than the pish from Easter Road that's for sure. But you do you bud! 

Your language is ‘Billy Big Baws’.  

If Hearts had outplayed us over both of those games then ‘sneaking’ may be justified.  

Words matter.  

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

All completely irrelevant I'm afraid.

Richard Tait had his arms pinned to his side, with his back turned towards the ball. The ball hit his elbow that was sticking out, completely unintentionally, and it was deemed a penalty.

The only difference between us tonight was your well worked goal. You scored and got the win.

Incorrect penalty decisions shouldn't lead you to give more of them.

I get why folk think it's a pen.  I just don't think it was

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Your language is ‘Billy Big Baws’.  

If Hearts had outplayed us over both of those games then ‘sneaking’ may be justified.  

Words matter.  

Except I was talking about the season as a whole. Clearly Hearts are a better side than St Mirren over the course of the season but I wouldn't suggest for a second we've been better over the last week! I guess you just like having a chip on your shoulder which is kind of how your team play so fair enough 😂

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

My gripe is that it seems the rule has changed half way through the season.

I'm sure we'll benefit from it too, but we've had at least one shocker given against us this year.

30 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

According to Sky Sports, Hearts 12

Shots, St Mirren 19. 

Hearts had one great move in the first half, and one good break away in the second when Saints were throwing the kitchen sink. 

The stats for previous one were similar Hearts dominating possession, St Mirren having a more shots

it’s illustrative of a difference in styles. When they get possession Saints want to use it fast and will take speculative shots quickly rather than retaining the ball and trying to create something better. Hearts on the other hand are sometimes maddeningly reluctant to make the final move.

these games have been basically like those Chelsea vs Barcelona battles from a few years back only far more sexy and glamorous 

If Guardiola and Mourinho will have been tuned in to these two games (and why wouldn’t they be) they’ll have felt strong deja vu while analysing Robinson and Neilson’s battle of wits

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Just had another look there. Only three angles is a bit shite but I think this one is the least bad at showing where it hits Rowles and the angle of his arm when it did.

To me it looks like it hits him close to his shoulder, which is angled backwards and pulling away.

The angle behind the goals looks bad because his arm is extended, but it doesn't make it clear that it's also angled backwards and it's not easy to tell exactly where it hits him.

None of the angles are great so I can believe it should've been given, but I can also see why VAR didn't overturn it based on the available angles. 

Screenshot_20230113-231617.png