Angus Gunn to declare for Scotland?

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/01/2023 at 12:29, RandomGuy. said:

Assume you have some weird form of grudge against him/Saints?

Theres not much between him and Kelly quality wise IMO so you go off form, and Clarks is better just now. Neither are good enough though.

McLaughlin was a better keeper than either, but hes 35 and hasnt played regularly for about 4 seasons now. Moving to Rangers to sit on the bench ended his chances of replacing Gordon.

McCrorie needs to actually play games at some point to show either way. He was rotten for Livi and, from memory, had major problems with crosses, so it hardly bodes well considering hes gained zero senior experience since then.

Gunn is closer to Kelly/Clark than people will like to think, but hes seen less often and is a new name so people will automatically decide hes the best option. I remain unconvinced. 

Id like to see Marshall hit 50 caps tbh, but i dont think hes any better than other mentioned now either.

Gunn has been brilliant since he came in the other keepers are ordinary that is why we are trying to get Jason Steele 

Clarke prob swings it and plays the games though cos off the nightmare form that Kelly is in

Would love the St Mirren keeper from Duram to find a Scottish Granny he is class

13 hours ago, General dissaray said:

that is why we are trying to get Jason Steele

Comments attributed to Steve Clarke back in June pointed to that being dead in the water.

My understanding is no. That's through someone else. It's not quite as straightforward as Jason is Scottish. I have spoken about it, but at the moment, for me, it's not going to happen.

Steve Clarke

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/jason-steele-scotland-snub-steve-27052680

In terms of right now you'd think a time when we've secured qualification and our #1 is injured would be an optimal time for Steele to join the team and he hasn't so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to change in the future.

Edited by 2426255