Wosfl new website

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Same, only issue is that it only does fixtures about a month in advance but other than that it's great. 

If you click on the individual league names on the top half of the page it gives you the full season's fixtures for that particular league.

2 hours ago, H Wragg said:

If you click on the individual league names on the top half of the page it gives you the full season's fixtures for that particular league.

Which is fine if that's all you're looking for.

Hardly up to date though.

7 hours ago, Kennie said:

Which is fine if that's all you're looking for.

Hardly up to date though.

In what sense? As a fixtures guy you should know that full season's fixtures are important to a lot of people. Why would a new website not include this but ensure other, less useful things are there?

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

In what sense? As a fixtures guy you should know that full season's fixtures are important to a lot of people. Why would a new website not include this but ensure other, less useful things are there?

I'm talking about re-arranged games. Fair play to the person that runs that site, I understand the work he must put into it. But he can't update it till I update the official WoSFL site, which is where he must go to get any updates.

8 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I'm talking about re-arranged games. Fair play to the person that runs that site, I understand the work he must put into it. But he can't update it till I update the official WoSFL site, which is where he must go to get any updates.

Got you. This question isn't necessarily for you Kennie but is there not a full season's fixtures in existence for the WoSFL? I thought there was.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Got you. This question isn't necessarily for you Kennie but is there not a full season's fixtures in existence for the WoSFL? I thought there was.

There is. But as always it is subject to change to ensure completion of the competitions.

1 minute ago, Kennie said:

There is. But as always it is subject to change to ensure completion of the competitions.

Right. So has that list been uploaded to the site, albeit with the entirely sensible caveat you have mentioned? If so, then it is up to date and so other sites can access it, if not, why not? 

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Right. So has that list been uploaded to the site, albeit with the entirely sensible caveat you have mentioned? If so, then it is up to date and so other sites can access it, if not, why not? 

All known fixtures are on the WoSFL website.

The main issue for me is it takes longer to find fixtures/results/tables now than it did on the old site.

When you click on 'results', 'matches' or 'standings', you should be able to select premier division, first division etc. from the drop down menu. Having to constantly go back to the top, select a new division, go back on standings etc. makes it very difficult and more time-consuming. Being able to select "all" on the matches pages doesn't help at all as the fixtures are in a jumbled mess without even being labelled by division.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

One small thing I've noticed with the new website is that typing wosfl.co.uk into the header bar of the browser results in a 404 error. You need to type in www.wosfl.co.uk to reach the main page. Minor issue but that should be an easy fix for whoever is hosting it.

You've been away a while!

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

That is so much better.

I know. I was raging at first when the Results tab was missing then realised the replacement was what we'd been hoping for all along.